Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 03, 2017

A birthday cake

🍁     🍁     🍁
It was a warm morning for walking with a temperature of 57 degrees.
Sunrise was at 7:48 but it didn't make an appearance.
Mostly cloudy with some light rain showers.
Just enough rain to get me damp.

Walked to the post office first and then through town, 
around both cemeteries and the ball park loop
and back around town.
No Cathy today, but I did see Lisa running through town.

The roof on the Drane house is finished.  
After time the shakes will probably age to a gray color.
Saw a bunch of geese flying overhead and some rabbits hopping about.

Walked 6.1 miles
🍁     🍁     🍁
Ken went up to the house site again early while I was out walking.
When he came home for lunch the septic system was just about done
and half of the sheathing was done on the roof.

I stayed home because I didn't want to go out in the drizzly rain.
Had a nice day at home,
reading and making weave-it squares.

Most years I bake a cheese cake for Ken for his birthday which is today,
but he said not to make one this year.
I felt bad about not making a cake for him so this afternoon
when he went back to the building site,
I baked a chocolate cake with white icing for him.
Cake is just from a box but I did make the icing.
Life is Good
A smile from me to you
 happyone  😊

 Instead of posting quotes, for the month of November I will be posting 
something that I'm thankful for each day.
  Since I missed the first two days I'll post three for today.

I am thankful every morning for another day that God gives me.

..... for Jesus who died on the cross for my sins and has given me the gift of eternal life.

..... for Ken, a wonderful husband and my best friend.

Comment Replies: πŸ’­
Robin - I hope the bakery lasts too.  A few others have tried and failed. I think the prices are very reasonable.  A box of 12 of those large donuts is $10.  A sandwich from the deli made with thick home made bread is just $4.95.  It's a big sandwich!
Everything is very good and there are always people coming and going.  They are closed Sundays and Mondays.

16 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Happy Birthday to Ken. The cake looks delicious.

Christine said...

So glad efforts are being made to preserve the Drane House!
Happy birthday to Ken! I'm sure he'll enjoy the cake!m

ellen b said...

Happy birthday to your hubby. Nice job on that frosting! Looks great.

Rose said...

I love that first shot, and I really like the Drane house.

Happy birthday to your Hubby...I was born 62 years ago today, too.

Adam said...

Happy birthday to him

Tom said...

...Happy Birthday Ken!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

"Happy Birthday Ken!"
The cake looks super delicious πŸ’œ Happy weekend :)

Happy@Home said...

Belated birthday greetings to Ken. I'm sure he enjoyed the cake. It looks yummy.

Cat Lover said...

Your bakery sounds wonderful! Much better prices than ours.
The Drane House looks great, glad to see it is well maintained.
The cake looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the icing recipe. I hope Ken had a good day! Wish him Happy Belated Birthday from me .
Take care.

Ruta M. said...

Birthday greetings to Ken. The cake looks very tasty and it is nice to mark special days in some way.

o2bhiking said...

I love that log home! Happy birthday to Ken! Yesterday was my oldest brother's birthday, too. That is a good start to your "thankful for" list.

Sandi said...

That cake looks fabulous!

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a good cake to me! Hope Ken enjoys it.

Debby Ray said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby!

M.K. said...

Pretty cake! Happy birthday to you fella!

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy Birthday Wishes to Ken.
The cake looks delicious.

All the best Jan