Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 01, 2017

November

Went walking this morning at 6:45.  Planned on going later when it was light out
but got tired waiting around for it to get light so left.
It was 38 degrees and cloudy and at times I did feel a few drops of rain.
Sunrise was at 7:46.

Had my usual walk around town and the cemeteries.
Caught up with Cathy and walked a little ways with her.

Walked 6 miles
When I got home I realized that I had not taken one picture 
during my walk.
🐞     🐞     🐞
I went with Ken to pick up the tractor.  A part broke last week
and the tractor needed to be dropped off at the tractor place to get fixed.
This repair might be on the warranty.
We had to pay but might get the money back.  

 In the afternoon I sorted through a bunch of papers that I have been
lugging around with me for years.
Some things I threw away and others are in the burn pile.
I have finally gotten rid of all my old journals.
Been debating about that for a while and it feels good to
have finally made the decision not to save them.

I'll leave you with these pretty tree pictures I took standing on my porch.
Life is Good
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊
 
We seldom think of November in terms of beauty 
or any other specially satisfying tribute.
  November is simply the interval between colorful and dark December.
Then, nearly every year, come a few November days
of clear, crisp weather
that makes one wonder why November seldom gets its due.
There is the November sky, clean of summer dust,
blown clear this day of the urban smog that so often hazes autumn...
There is the touch of November in the air,
chill enough to have a slight tang,
like properly aged cider.
 Not air that caresses,
nor yet air that nips.
Air the makes one breathe deeply and think of spring water and walk briskly.
~ Hal Borland

15 comments:

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Our trees don't turn red like that, so always love seeing the ones in your area.

Pom Pom said...

You won't like it when the time changes or will that make your mornings lighter? I guess it will until the days shorten too much.
The tree photos are lovely. Red trees are my favorite.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the cooler drier air of November! Enjoy your evening! Hope you can go to bed early on those days you get such an early start! Hugs!

Michelle said...

I love November and the up coming Thanksgiving holiday is a favorite of mine.

Tom said...

...it's nice not to see the snow, I'm prepared to wait a bit longer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those colourful trees are so pretty.

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice quote from Borland. I've always thought November has its good points.

Adam said...

Hard to believe it's now November

Rose said...

Your trees look like some around here. And I declare that even the sycamore trees are beautiful this year...I have never seen them like this before.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

You can see beautiful trees from your porch.
The older one gets the quicker time goes. I always say in November that I'm going to get organized this year for Christmas but I never do!
Have a great Thursday :)

Christine said...

Happy November to you! Those trees are still colourful & lovely to see!

ellen b said...

Good thing we have Thanksgiving in November so it doesn't fall short. Nice color from your porch!

Lowcarb team member said...

November can so often be a great month ...
I think your trees look very pretty, such lovely colours.

All the best Jan

Happy@Home said...

Your trees look very pretty. I do hate to see the end to all of that gorgeous color. Hal Borland has given me a new way to think about November. I usually think of it as a drab month.
I can imagine it would be a big decision to let go of your journals. I have recently been going through the boxes of papers, report cards, etc. that I have kept from my boys. It felt rather freeing to let go of much of it.

M.K. said...

Gorgeous trees! I love November. Farther in the South, November is the month of "perfect weather" when it's cool and time for sweaters. It feels like fall at last. Before we get so busy with holidays, it's my favorite season.