Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 07, 2017

It works again!

๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„
This morning it was 38 degrees when I left on my walk.  It is not dark out when I 
leave but not quite light yet either.  Left the house at 6:30 and sun rise was at 6:53.
 It was cloudy and before long I could feel rain drops every so often.
They didn't amount to much until after I got home.
Then it rained.

Walked behind my house and then down toward Happy Trails,
back to town,
 and around the cemeteries where I met up with Cathy.
After she left I walked around the ball park loop, 
through town again and home.

The geese were all back at the pond again.

Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„
Left for church after breakfast so Ken could try to fix the cutter
now that he had the right tools.
Here he is in the back of the cutter giving it his best try.
 It is an old machine and the part is no longer available, 
and Ken had to make the part.
Praise God, he fixed it and the cutter now works again!!
While he was working on that I got some more covers folded.
The cutter can cut 7 books at a time and I count out the seven
and Ken cuts them.  We have a good system that works well for us.
In an hour we got 1789 books cut and packaged up.

We were back home at 3:00 and I  baked brownies to bring to
Ron and Debbie's house were we are going in a few minutes
to play table shuffled board with them and some other friends.
The brownies will not be going with us.
I usually make them from scratch but used a box mix this
time and I left them in the oven too long.  
The edges were too well done and I couldn't get them out of the
pan.  The whole thing was a big mess.

Well that's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am thankful that I live in a place that has all four seasons.

13 comments:

Christine said...

Well done to Ken & I’m sure you’re so thankful to have so many more booklets cut!

Snow said...

I'm so glad Ken could fix the cutter. You say, he made the part himself? Wow! Such a smart guy! I'm always amazed at all you two cram into a day. I know you're glad to have doors, windows and roofing picked out. Can't believe you've already had snow! It's very wet and cold here today and expect the same the next couple of days. I had lunch with our mutual friend Winnie from Sunday School. We went to Olive Garden today. Thanks for blogging!

ellen b. said...

That's so fortunate that Ken is so handy! Sometimes things just go sideways in baking! Hope you have a good evening.

Tom said...

...it's nice to have a handy guy around!

Lisa said...

Good job Ken! Sorry about your brownies. I guess yall will enjoy some brownie crunch later.
Lisa

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Hope your evening was a happy one even without the brownies!

Leslie said...

Brrrrr... It's been chilly. I love living in a place where I get to enjoy all 4 season's also. I can't imagine living someplace wear it's summer all of the time. The cutter sounds interesting, glad he got it fixed! Hope you enjoyed those brownies!!!

Rose said...

That is a lot of books!!! Your husband sounds like Roger always was...could fix about anything.

Henny Penny said...

Sounds like Ken can fix about anything. Good for him. I just hate to ruin a pan of brownies. At least you got to smell them baking. :)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Gosh you have both been busy.
I so love the gate in your first photo!
Have a lovely day :)

Pom Pom said...

That white church is SO pretty!

Connie said...

I love that gate:) Wasn't it wonderful that he could make the part that was needed. That's what I call a talented man. 1789 books in an afternoon, wow!
Sorry about your brownies.

Lowcarb team member said...

Well done to Ken for fixing the cutter.
Shame about your brownies ... it happens sometimes!

All the best Jan