Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 08, 2017

A home day

🍄     🍄     🍄
One thermometer said 33 degrees and the other one said 29 
so I guess it was 31 on this foggy morning.

Started my walk on the streets behind my house, then through town, down toward
Happy Trails, and around the cemeteries, and around town.

Met up with Cathy again and walked around one of the cemeteries
with her a couple of times.

Now that the fountain is out of the pond for the winter the
geese are back.  Wondering if they were afraid of the fountain.

I took 12,212 steps on my walk.
 🍄     🍄     🍄
A day at home doing things around the house.
Sometimes it's nice just to spend the day at home.





I finished making the squares for the next baby blanket. There are 70 squares.
I've started sewing them together this afternoon and will post a picture once I finish.








 Most of the trees have lost their leaves by now but there are still some pretty
ones around.  Here are two in my front yard that are still holding
on to them.

Make it a good day.
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

I am thankful for our future house that is being built.
I'm thankful that we have Ronnie as the builder.
Thankful to have a builder who is honest and one we trust.
And one who is excellent at what he does!
Thankful for all the other workers too who are working along
with him to bring our home from plans on paper to life.

Construction workers have a reputation of making rude remarks
to women and using bad language.
That is NOT the case with the men building our house.
What a blessing to be at the building site one day
when I walked up and heard 4 workers talking about
which gospel tracts they liked the best.😊

11 comments:

Tom said...

...your first image is wonderful.

Happy@Home said...

Sending a smile back to you, Karen :).
Your newest blanket colors are so pretty.
An honest and excellent builder is definitely something to be thankful for.

ellen b said...

I like the colors of the squares. Glad you have a good builder and helpers. Such a blessing. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

Sandi said...

Beautiful and restful....

eileeninmd said...

Hello, beautiful scenes and photos. I am happy that you found an honest builder, they all sound nice. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Rose said...

This is such an uplifting post...does a person good to hear about good men like that.

BTW, I love that first pic, and the weave÷it blocks are a beautiful range of colors,

Connie said...

That first photo should be frames and hanging on the wall, It is gorgeous. I know what you mean about men on construction crews . . . they can get pretty bad, it's wonderful that you have a team of Christians and men that you can trust. That has got to make building this home a pure pleasure.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Nice neat baby squares.
Nice to hear you have polite builders. I know I couldn't complain about the manners of any of ours a few years back. Hopefully times have changed.
Have a great week :)

Michelle said...

A day at home is my favorite thing. Glad to hear someone else likes it too.

Lowcarb team member said...

12,212 steps on your walk, sounds good to me.
Love the colours of your baby squares.

Beautiful colours in your last photo.

All the best Jan

Christine said...

What a great foggy winters morning in your first photo!
The baby blanket squares will make a lovely blanket!