Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 27, 2017

Barn Collective

Linking up today with Tom's Barn Collective series.

Neighbors barn up at Happy Trails house.
Barn by the pond down by the Drane house.
Hidden barn behind the industrial park.
🚜     🚜
It was a calm morning for walking with a temperature of 33 degrees.
Sunrise was at 7:15.  It is quite dark out again when I start walking.
Once the sun came up it stayed out so I had a sunny walk.
Too warm for wearing my new coat.

Took my usual walk all over town but I changed how I walked the route.
Made it up as I went along.

Been a while since I saw any rabbits but today I counted 4 of them.
The horses were in the pasture down by the Drane house.
One came over to see if I had anything for him, gave my hand a sniff, and then went
right back to eating.  The other one didn't even bother to look up.

Haven't seen Cathy for about a week now but I see Lisa every day.

Walked 6 miles
🌲     🌲
Washed the sheets first thing this morning and since it was sunny
and in the 40's I hung them outside.
(went up to the low 50's by afternoon)

Mid morning we headed out to Oakland to get a bunch of errands done.
Had lunch out and got home about 3:30.
We've had supper and now it's time to enjoy our evening at home.
A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈
"The joy of enjoying and the fullness of living,
are found in the heart that is filled with thanksgiving."
~ Helen Steiner Rice

10 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, I can visualize these barns in my backyard. Such a nice collection of weather worn barns. Thanks for sharing, please stop back when you can.

Michelle said...

A nice series of barns and I really like that last shot.

Rose said...

That first barn could have been from down home. Just the lay of the land and way the barn is built. I love both those first shots.

ellen b said...

Wonderful barns to enjoy, Karen.

The Furry Gnome said...

Got out for two nice walks myself today. Exploring places to enjoy.

Betty J. Crow said...

I loved hearing about your walk. Nice barns. I like the one through the trees. Unique shot!

Adam said...

it was about that cold this morning here until the sun rose.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great collection of barn photos. Sounds like a nice walk. I have not seen any bunnies lately. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Christine said...

Great collection of barns!

Lowcarb team member said...

These barns do look good.

Hope your week is going well.

All the best Jan