Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

A day in the car

Today was one of those rare mornings when I didn't go for a walk.

We left this morning at 7:00 in the truck to pick up the trailer at church
with two pallets of the Roman's books we as a church assembled at Fingerprints.
Then we drove down to Staunton, Va and delivered them to a warehouse
where they will be picked up and eventually be given to missionaries in
Panama who will distribute them down in Panama.

While there we picked up another pallet to bring back to church for
the next time we do Fingerprints.  
These too are Roman's books but they will be going to Mexico.

It is a 3 hour drive one way so we were gone all day.
The route is a pretty one with not much traffic until we get
down almost to Staunton.
We travel past lots of farms down in a valley.
I got quite a few barn pictures which will be future posts
for the Barn Collective.
Here are some pictures I took along with way.
All are taken driving along so they may not be the best pictures.

This is a truck full of chickens.  I barely got a picture of them as
we drove past the truck.
Before arriving back home we stopped at HT at the house site to see what
was done today.  The basement floor has been poured.

That's it for today.
Looking forward to walking in the morning.

A happy day to you.
happyone 😊

15 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a productive day. I don't mind time in the car, as long as it is a scenic drive.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Looks like you had a good day to be on the road.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Ugh. Must be a heck of a trip for those poor chickens!

The Furry Gnome said...

We've got a long day of driving tomorrow, but got in a good hike today.

Tom said...

...I'm always up for a road trip.

Rose said...

Sounds like a fun day! Love the pictures you got along the way.

Adam said...

I always forget how long it takes concrete to cure, some people forget and rush projects to it

Prunella Pepperpot said...

It's nice to go on a road trip. I love that big house!!
Have a wonderful Wednesday :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I enjoy the scenery during road trips! Usually I am driving and can not take photos. :( I feel sorry for the chickens. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Thanks for taking us along on your road trip. Everytime we pass a chicken truck, It makes me laugh so hard! I dont know why but I think its the funniest thing but sadly its really not.
Lisa

Happy@Home said...

I enjoyed seeing the sights from your road trip. I really like the farm house. I'm imagining how it would look decorated for Christmas with snow on the mountain in the background. :)

ellen b said...

What a great service this is. Glad the roads were easy ones!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Neat photos taken along your drive to Staunton! Thanks for sharing and have a happy day!

Unknown said...

Thank you and Ken for all you do for MLIBC. We have been blessed by being your friendship! Rejoicing with you fir a productive day getting delivered , picked up, and getting your basement floor poured! Yay!!Thank God for His blessings upon us.

o2bhiking said...

Glad you had a good trip. That is a nice thing to do. Staunton is very close to where many of my hikes are. In fact, I was hiking about 13 miles east of there today up in southern Shenandoah National Park. It is pretty country there.