Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 09, 2017

The Falls

A long way down
๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ
38 degrees on a cloudy morning.
Started my walk on the streets behind my house and then went over
to the industrial park.
 Then over the the ball park loop and walked once around there.
Through town and around one of the cemeteries where I caught up to
Cathy and walked around it twice with her.
After she left I walked up the hill to the other cemetery and then
down by the Drane house.
The cemetery is surrounded on three side by fields and today
the corn (animal feed) was being harvested.
 Walked around town a bit more and then home.

My walk steps were 12,281
๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ
Today we drove out to Black Water Falls State Park in Davis WV
for the super seniors church luncheon.  We try to meet for lunch one a month.
We ate at the lodge there.
The first picture of this post is at the lookout behind the lodge.
Ken and I had never been to the park before so after lunch even though
it was a bit drizzly we walked down the 212 steps to look at the falls from
the bottom.  I took these pictures of the falls on the way down to the bottom.
Ken sneaked that picture of me.
 
Amazing standing down here looking at the falls and hearing the sound
of the water.  It is mesmerizing.
Imagine coming upon that kayaking along the river.
Then we had to walk back up all 212 steps.
Really wasn't bad.

Make it a good day.
A smile from me to you.
happyone ๐Ÿ˜Š

I am thankful for good friends.
Ones who ask how you are and really care about the answer.
Ones who are happy for you when good things happen to you,
and sad in times of sorrow.
Ones who you can laugh with till the tears run down your face.
Ones you can have great conversations with
or just sit in silence and be comfortable with it.
I am so blessed to have friends like this.
Thank you God for all the good friends in my life.

19 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! The falls are beautiful.

Christine said...

Definitely worth taking all those steps to see the falls!

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Wow, what a beautiful place, definitely worth the steps xx

Tom said...

...I bet that those Rhododendrons look great in spring.

ellen b said...

Those falls are amazing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

They really are mesmerizing! How beautiful! And what a lovely pray you included at the end. Enjoy your night! You'll sleep good tonight after such a full day! Hugs, Diane

Adam said...

pretty impressive falls

The Furry Gnome said...

Spectacular waterfalls!

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Glad you got to see those amazing falls! I'm so blessed to have you as,my friend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the waterfalls is beautiful. I have to try to visit this park some day. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

bettyC said...

I’m thankful for your posts about places Bruce and I have visited.another one today. Thanks

Happy@Home said...

What a lovely bonus to your lunch date. The waterfall looks amazing!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I enjoyed all the pictures of your visit to the falls. It is interesting that the scenery there is very similar to some falls in Yellowstone Park. Wow, congrats on 12,281 steps on your walk this day. You are an inspiration! A good weekend to you and Ken!

Henny Penny said...

Those pictures of the falls give me goosebumps. It's so beautiful there! That is a lot of steps!!

Lisa said...

Beautiful falls!!! Great shot Ken!
Lisa

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Black Water Falls State Park looks stunning. I would't want to fall in the water though!
Enjoy your weekend :)

Rose said...

I can just imagine the sound of those falls! Sure look powerful....

Ida said...

I love waterfalls, this one is awesome.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely looking falls, and I liked the picture of you too.

All the best Jan