Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Wednesday

🎃     🎃     🎃
A nice crisp cool fall morning makes for great walking weather.
It was 34 degrees and sunrise was at 7:38.
Some sun, but mostly cloudy.

Work still going on at the Fire House and the car dealer.
Walked all over town and down towards HT a ways.

Saw Cathy around one of the cemeteries and we walked together
around it a couple of times.
After her walk was over and she left I walked over to the ball park loop 
and walked around there.
The man who runs around it 5 times was there today.  
Haven't seen him for a while.
Saw a woman running who I've never seen before and Lisa
was out running too.  
 Quite a few people out exercising this morning.

Walked 6.5 miles
🎃     🎃     🎃
Got an email from the library saying that the book The Mysterious Island
had arrived for me and I could now pick it up. 
So I walked over there and got it.  The print is a good size and much easier
to read than my own copy of the book.
Also walked to the bank and the post office.

Ken's tractor had a part break so he loaded it up on the trailer
and we took it in to have it fixed.

This afternoon I baked another batch of chocolate chippers for the
kids on Sunday and I'm 6 cookies short so still have one  more batch
to bake before Sunday.

I'm off now to have to some supper and then it will be time
to go to church.

Tomorrow is Fingerprint day at church from 9 to 9 so no time tomorrow
for blogging.  Be back on Friday.
Life is Good
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

"The ultimate measure of man is not where he stands 
in moments of comfort and convenience,
but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
~ Martin Luther King Jr

15 comments:

Michelle said...

I always admire your daily walks. Nice that you see others out exercising too!

Dianna said...

I really like the Martin Luther King Jr. quote you have shared here today, Karen.

Tom said...

...great color!

John M said...

I also like to go on walks. Today it was in the sixties.

Blogoratti said...

Life is good indeed, take care until the next time. Greetings to you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are a busy lady,with the baking, walking and all the other things.Wish I had half that energy.

ellen b said...

Glad you got out and about with so many others today. I am re-reading that quote at the end...

Sue said...

Always enjoy your walks, I have also started back walking! Reading your 6+ miles has motivated me to walk at least 2 miles. Thanks for the motivation. ~smile~
I also love to bake cookies, so enjoy your baking.
Blessings,
Sue

Adam said...

9 to 9? I would barely sign up for those hours for a job I was being paid for.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty images from your walk. I love the colorful leaves. I can imagine what your house smells like while baking those cookies, yum. Love the quote.
Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Christine said...

Now those crisp mornings for walking are just lovely & enjoyable!
I'm sure the cookies go down well!

Lowcarb team member said...

Fabulous colours in your first photograph.
Hope Fingerprint day at the Church goes well.

All the best Jan

Lisa said...

Our temps dipped into the 40s this morning. Brrrrr
Lisa

Cat Lover said...

Hope you had a great day at church today!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Had to laugh at "...6 cookies short." Started me thinking of descriptions used to imply substandard behavior, as in: "A few beers short of a 6 pack" "6 cookies short of a dozen" Well, you get the picture! The mind wanders tonight for sure.