Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

No walk today

🍁     🍁     🍁
No morning walk for me today.
We had to leave early to drive down to Howard County for an appointment.
It's about a 3 hour drive and I knit to make the time go by faster.
Today I knitted another dish/wash cloth and got started on another.
When we got back home we stopped at the house site to see what got done today.
The garage is coming along nicely.
Here's a view of the house from the back.
We were glad to see that the plumber was by too and did work down in the basement.
Spotted this deer up at Happy Trails.
We have lots of deer on our land and there are quite a few
deer trails around.
She stamped her foot a couple of times, snorted and her and another one
turned around and ran away.
That's all for today.  
Didn't do much being in the car for about 6 hours.

Life is Good
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's learning to dance in the rain.
~ Unknown

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I wish that our colors were that bright.

Michelle said...

Sometimes that is just how the day goes. Glad you made it back safely and the house is really coming along!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Seems things are really picking up at your new build! We had 22 deer roaming our last housing area. We had almost an acre and often the deer were right up on our back porch looking right in the windows until we finally put up a high fence they couldn't get over. Lowe's has a list of plants deer won't eat, but our deer apparently never read the list! I learned to buy large bags of moth balls and scatter them around the base of each plant.

Dianna said...

You knit when you travel and I crochet! It is amazing how much I can accomplish that way! Nice progress on the garage and house!

Nellie said...

I have missed a lot!! You are building a house!! That's exciting!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh what a treat it is to have the deer so close!

Christine said...

Glad you had a safe trip & with plumbing being installed, your new home is really coming on!

Adam said...

6 hours doesn't sound like much until you're in the car the whole time

piccolina said...

You're so talented. The knitting while travelling is making used of all your precious time. Oh!I love that deer. I only saw once at the zoo. :)

Cat Lover said...

Lovely photos Karen. Mum knits the same dishcloths, the only ones I have used for 20+ years!
Have a good day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is good you have something like knitting to pass the time in the car. I am usually the driver and I prefer it that way. The deer is cute, love the Autumn colors. Happy Wednesday, enjoy your day!

Sandi said...

Fantastic shot of the deer!!!!

I also like the dish towel!

Debby Ray said...

I can't seem to keep my eyes open much of the time when we are long car rides. Maybe I should take up knitting! The house is really coming along!

Ashley said...

these photos are so beautiful!
i just love autumn!
and what a lovely shot of the deer. :)

Henny Penny said...

Happy Trails is a good name for your place. It's so pretty there. I can't wait to see the finished house. I sure wish there was someone around here that could teach me to knit...or crochet.

Lowcarb team member said...

Glad you had a safe trip ...
The house is coming along so well.

All the best Jan