Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

The Big Chair

πŸ„     πŸ„     πŸ„
42 degrees this morning and it started off with a few patchy foggy spots around.
Once it lightened up and the fog was gone it was a nice sunny day.
We've had so many nice sunny days in a row.
More than I can ever remember in the 4 years that we've lived here.
 It's been beautiful and great weather for house building!!

This morning I walked all over town and part of it was walked with Cathy.

I'm am happy to say that the Bakery/Deli opened this morning at 6:30.
I stopped in the Bakery and said hi and to take a look from the inside this time
 instead of peaking in the window. 
There were 5 Mennonite women working.
There is bread, baked goods, juice, soda, made up sandwiches, and they
take orders for sandwiches too.  They sell all kinds of deli meats.
I sure hope all goes well for them.
Didn't have any money with me at the time but I will certainly be
one of their customers.  😊

Walked 6 miles
 πŸ„     πŸ„     πŸ„
 We had the Blueberry Pan-Cake Cake for breakfast today that I made yesterday
we both liked it a lot.  I'll certainly be making it again.
If you'd like the recipe you can find it HERE.

Continued my house cleaning and today I got the other bathroom
all nice and sparkly and finished the dining room too.
Changed out the blue and yellow Fiestaware dishes out on the hutch,
this time all yellow and red. 
Late in the day we made a quick trip up to see what was done on the house.
No pictures but they started getting the deck on the floor joists.
We got to walk around around on it, which was pretty exciting.
I'll have pictures tomorrow.

Home 4:30, made supper, cleaned up and now we are off to church.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )

16 comments:

ellen b said...

That chair is huge! Fun photo. I'll go check out your recipe. Sounds like a good bakery!

Sue said...

Loved the photo of you in the big chair, thanks for the update on the new home. I really wish the mennonite ladies much success in their new deli! have a blessed evening.
Sue

Tom said...

...you remind me of Lily Tomlin's character 'Edith Ann.'

Snow said...

Looks like you're shrinking!

The Furry Gnome said...

There's a giant deck chair like that a few miles west of here.

happyone said...

and that's the truth. : )

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the huge chair photo. The bakery/deli sounds wonderful. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day.

Lisa said...

It want be long until you smell fresh bread and tarts on your walks. I would have to walk with empty pockets to keep from stopping in.
Lisa

Sandi said...

When I read your posts I imagine walking here too. Lovely and serene!

Love the chair photo. Have you ever seen the movie “Honey, I Shrunk the Kids”?

Aritha V. said...

O I love the big chair!!!!

Breathing In Grace said...

I believe that chair would make even me look small!!! ;-)

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Wow, you've shrunk to Prunella size!
Your blueberry pancake cake recipe looks delicious! Thank you for sharing. Have a fantastic weekend :)

Christine said...

Maybe you could take some photos from inside the new bakery and what they sell.
It does look all new and a good business.
That was a fun shot on the big chair!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

That bakery sounds like a good improvement for your town. I sure would like to have a deli/bakery around our town.

piccolina said...

What a delight to see you on that big chair, happyone!Stay happy!:)

Rose said...

Oh, that last picture makes me want to giggle!