Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 07, 2017

Another day at the building site

๐ŸŒพ     ๐ŸŒพ
This morning started out cloudy and 44 degrees for walking. 
Later the sun appeared and it was a mix of sun and clouds.

My route today took me on the roads behind my house and all around town.
One of my neighbors just got a cute little shed put up in their back yard.
I thought is was so cute that I took a picture.
 Met up with Kathy for a walk around one of the cemeteries.

Walking up the hill between two fields of corn going to the cemetery
a deer came running out of the corn, took one look at me and turned
around and ran right back in.
Then later a deer was standing looking at me and as I went to snap the
picture it turned around and ran off.
Walked 6 miles
๐ŸŒพ     ๐ŸŒพ
Ken was gone this morning up to the building site when I got home from walking.
I wanted to get some things done around the house and needed to mow
the lawn so I stayed home in the morning. 

I went back with Ken after lunch.
The rest of the foundation was done.  It was decided to wait and dig out
the garage at a later time.
The driveway was smoothed out and some gravel delivered and spread out
but this is not the final grade yet.
Form-A-Dranes were delivered and have started to be put in.
If you care to learn what Form-A-Dranes are click on the link.
It is something new to us and I don't think I could explain is as good as the link will.
Ken helps dig a bit more dirt out.
They worked till a little after 6:00 this evening and will be back to work
tomorrow morning at 7:30.  Form-A-Dranes should be finished in the morning
and the concrete truck will be coming in the afternoon. 
Things sure moving along at a fast pace, at least for now.
 That's it for today.
 A happy day to you.
happyone ๐Ÿ’—

"You learn something every day if you pay attention."
~ Ray LeBlond

Comment Replies:
Sharon - Yes, we will have an unfinished basement - the future home of Ken's Trains. 

12 comments:

Tom said...

... Form-A-Dranes, this is new to me,

Adam said...

Deers never pose for long

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that little shed and the way it's decorated.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those 'Form-a-Drain' footings look like a really interesting way to do it. Do you have a radon issue where you are?

Rose said...

I am too tired to follow the link, but hope I remember to look later. I am sure this must be an exciting time for you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - I haven't been by for a visit for quite a while. Wow, you are really making progress on your cabin. Will you be moving out of your home and up there full-time? Great pictures of the deer. I hope you have a good Friday. Will be back for another visit soon. Have a good weekend.

bettyC said...

I just realized, "Live is good" was John Mason's phrase. At his Memorial, Pam had all of us say that phrase...I think after someone spoke. I hope you weren't there and we didn't meet each other.
Life is good

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Your neighbours shed is amazing!
Have a wonderfully happy weekend :)

Christine said...

That is a very cute little playhouse!
The work at your new site is progressing so well!

M.K. said...

It's fascinating how things do seem to go really fast, and sometimes really slowly, when building a house. Looks great! I'm so glad you haven't had rains to slow you down.

ellen b said...

Love that cute shed. Fun. Looks like things are progressing well at your house site. Happy weekend to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a cute shed.
Good to see that all seems to be going well at your new home site.

All the best Jan