Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 08, 2017

Home today for me

A beautiful sunrise to start the day.
⛅     ⛅
This morning when I started walking it was 55 degrees, clouds and some sun.
Started walking behind my house, then continued through town
down towards Happy Trails, turned around and back to town.
Met up with Kathy again and walked the two cemeteries with her.

While walking around the ball park loop I saw Peggy who used to walk
pretty regularly a while back.  It must have been a year since I've 
seen her last.

I thought the trees looked pretty with the sunlight on them like that.
Sorry about the wire.
Thanks to Tom 😊 the wire is no longer there.
 Thank you Tom.

Saw a deer again this morning.
Walked 6 miles
⛅     ⛅
Once again Ken was up at the building site when I got back from walking.

One of the teens from church has a birthday tomorrow.
Monday she asked me very nicely if I would make her some
Snickerdoodles for her birthday.  She asked so nicely I just had to say yes.
So I baked them this morning.
I'm going to give her 3 dozen of them.
 Also got a little bit more house cleaning done before lunchtime.

Didn't go up to the building site this afternoon, I stayed home
and worked outside in one of the front gardens.
All the daisies have died there so I cut them all down and then weeded.
Worked out there for 3 hours but I finished and felt good.

Ken came home at 5:00 and gave me an update on the house.
He put in a full day of work on the house,
helping with the Form-A-Dranes and the cement.  
Form-A-Dranes all got put in and by afternoon the cement trucks showed
up and the footings were poured.  Inspector came and all is well.
 I'll have some pictures tomorrow.

Ken has a meeting to go to at church this evening and I'm going to read,
have a library book to start,
a Charlotte and Thomas Pitt Mystery.

A happy day to you.
happyone  : )

"If you've never experienced the joy of accomplishing
more than you can imagine,
plant a garden."
~ Robert Brault
Comment replies:
FG - No radon issue that I'm aware of. Ronnie recommended the Form-A-Dranes so we went with it.  
Deb - We are having a house built up at Happy Trails that Ken designed. It is a little more than a 1/4 mile away from the cabin we built up there.  Yes, we will be moving there when it is done and will sell the house in town.

13 comments:

ellen b said...

It's always great to get the A-OK from the inspector! That's sweet of you to make those cookies for the teen. Cute that she asked, too. Have a lovely weekend.

Tom said...

...what a sky to wake up to! Check you email, I removed the wire.

Rose said...

Those first two shots are both wonderful!!!! I love those trees as much as the sky.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - so exciting that you are building a beautiful new home that Ken designed! He is a very talented guy. Hope all goes well with the building process. I love the sunrise picture. Have a great weekend!

Pom Pom said...

Your house is cooking along! That is so sweet that you were asked for birthday snickerdoodles!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The trees are gorgeous.A little bit of sunshine can make such a difference.

The Furry Gnome said...

Spectacular sunrise!

Adam said...

A very nice photo of the sunrise

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Beautiful photos! It must be getting a little hectic now with the new build and your home to look after. Have a wonderful Sunday :)

Christine said...

That was a spectacular sunrise and the trees make me think of the burning bush!

Leslie said...

beautiful sunrise. My birthday is in December, may I put my order in? lol. Such a sweet thing for you to do! I can't wait to see the house.
Have a wonderful weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your sunrise is beautiful. Sounds like you had a nice day, your home must smell delicious while you are baking cookies. Happy weekend to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful sunrise ...

All the best Jan