Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 14, 2017

A pile of rocks

One of the piles of rocks up at Happy Trails that Ken has made.
🚜     🚜
56 degrees and cloudy this morning.  
A random walk for me today all over town.

Walked the first part of my walk alone and then ran into Kathy around the ball 
park loop and we walked the rest of her walk together.
When her walk was over and we were by her car she asked me how many
miles I had walked and I looked down at my Striiv and saw 6 miles and told her
she said, "Okay, you can go home now."  😊

My walk today was 6.6 miles.

Walking around one of the cemeteries I stopped and took a picture
of this gravestone of a young man who died back in March.
 Lisa was out running this morning, Rebeca was walking her dog, and 
saw two women walking together and two younger ones.
🚢     🚢
After breakfast Ken and I went up to Happy Trails on this cloudy morning.
We took our first furniture up there.  😊
Here sits a table and chairs in the back yard.
 We spent all morning picking up dead fall and made a huge pile of it
over by the burn area.
It started raining lunch time so we came back home.

I baked some chocolate chip cookies this afternoon
and sewed a bunch of weave-it squares together on the latest baby blanket.
We were going to to go Walmart and do some food shopping but
decided to wait until tomorrow.  Didn't feel like going out in the rain.

This evening will be spent doing some reading and getting more of
those squares sewed.

A happy day to you.
happyone πŸ’—

When someone you love becomes a memory,
the memory becomes a treasure.
~ Unknown 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I find it amazing what they can do with laser engraving on gravestones.

ellen b said...

Such a young guy. Love the sentiment on the stone.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can picture it now.A cozy lunch at that table with the birds serenading you while you eat.

The Furry Gnome said...

That's a lot of rocks Ken has gathered! Glad to see you starting to move in already!

Happy@Home said...

That is an impressive rock pile!
My heart breaks for the young man's family. The headstone they chose is lovely.
I hope you and Ken use your table and chairs for an occasional break.
We are getting a huge thunderstorm right now. I think I hear the garden rejoicing.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

We got thunderstorms too for two days and it was wonderful. Helps keep the watering bills down. Thanks for showing your rock pile! You have a lovely site to build on and will be looking forward to following along.

Rose said...

Now that is a pile of rocks!!!

I love the table and chairs...now you have a place to sit and rest and look at what you have been accomplishing.

always hate to see where a young person has died.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Your new backyard is beginning to look more homely!
Loved the gravestone.
Have a lovely day :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is sad to see gravestones of young people. I like the cute table and chairs. You have a nice sized rock pile. Enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Cat Lover said...

What a perfect day Karen! Your table and chairs look lovely up at HT.
Have a good day!
Robin

Blogoratti said...

What a perfect trail and the pile of rocks is great indeed. Lovely day out, perfect for taking in the scenery. Warm greetings to you and yours!

Adam said...

cool furniture

bettyC said...

I love rocks. Bruce used to bring me beautiful rocks. If he hadn't brought one in awhil, I'd say to him, "Are you mad at me, you haven't brought me a rock in awhile.
My son-in-law brings me rocks once in a while.
As u say...Life is good

Lowcarb team member said...

Now that is quite a pile of rocks!
I like the table and chairs too.

What a very special quote you've chosen today - such wonderful words.
"When someone you love becomes a memory,
the memory becomes a treasure."

My good wishes

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

A sad gravestone, but very meaningful.

M.K. said...

Yay for first furniture!