Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 03, 2017

Barn Colllective, Out and In

Linking up with Tom for the Barn Collective Series.
This barn is along the Farm Loop route that I walk and took this picture the other day.
Walked up to the door with the top half open on the side and peeked inside.
🚜     🚜    🚜
📌     📌
Comment Replies:
Adam - The person who is in number one place with the step challenge is far ahead of everyone with a total of 5,002,400.  She goes by the name of Walkinggrandma and she lives in northern Utah.
📌     📌
55 degrees this morning with sun and clouds and I walked the Farm Loop.
The llamas were out in the pasture by the road at Farmer Bill's farm.
When I got back to town made one loop around both cemeteries and then home.

George was driving by with his father in law and wife and stopped to tell
me they were taking him to the hospital for tests and asked if
I would pray for him.  

Saw Kathy as she was just arriving in town to start her walk and I was
on the way home so we just waved.

Walked 6.3 miles
 ðŸš¶     🚶
This morning I baked the last batch of Chocolate Chippers for Bible Time,
so now all 20 dozen are in the freezer for next week.

Washed the sheets and got them out on the line and did some house work
the rest of the morning.

After lunch I mowed the lawn and Ken did a bit of this and that
around the yard and then we sat out on the swing for a bit.

Ken has been working hard on the drawings and plans for the new house.
We went to a designer to have them make up the blue prints but they wanted
an astronomical amount of money ($9,500) so he's doing it all himself.
We plan to take it all to the building department and see what happens.
 
I didn't have the screens in all the windows of the house so Ken went up 
in the attic in the garage and got them down.  Then I washed the windows
and screens and now I can open all our windows.
So nice having breezes blowing in all rooms.

My more and more daisies in the front garden are blooming
and I picked a few and a couple cone flowers and put them in small bottles
which are in small crocks in a dough bowl on the dining room table.
We just finished supper and now I'm headed out to the porch to do
a little reading.

A happy day to you.
happyone 🎈

"Always remember that you are absolutely unique,
Just like everyone else."
~ Margaret Mead

18 comments:

Adam said...

cute llamas

Pom Pom said...

Aw! You've had a good day! I love that dough bowl.

Tom said...

...side ofI rarely get to see the inside of a barn, nice to see. In New York State you can take your drawings to an engineer and they will review them and stamp them for way less $9,500! Thanks so much for stopping by, please come again.

Michelle said...

Nothing quite like having sheets on the line and the windows open for a good breeze!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Llamas are such beautiful animals! Love seeing the barn and your pretty daisies! Happy 4th sweet lady! Hugs!

The Furry Gnome said...

When we built the house here I drew up scale plans as best I could, and then found a lady who would draw up blueprints, but was not an architect, just a draughtperson. Cost me only a few hundred dollars.

ellen b said...

Love your dough bowl! I'd say the outside of that barn is a lot fresher then the inside! Happy 4th to you!

bettyC said...

Your llama picture looks like a painting, a piece of art.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Your daises are doing well, they're gorgeous.
Love the llamas and the peek inside the barn.
Don't work too hard, you're making me feel guilty thinking of all the things I should be doing now!!
Have a great day :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, great barn and I love the llamas. The daisies are pretty. Wishing you and yours a safe and happy 4th of July! Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Happy@Home said...

How neat to see llamas on your walk.
I love your prolific daisies and the little arrangement you made for your dining room table is charming.
Wishing you and Ken a Happy 4th of July.

Cat Lover said...


Love the old barn Karen! Also that you had a peek inside.
Sensible thing to do with your house plans.
Have a good day!
Robin

Debby Ray said...

Great barn shots and I just love daisies! Happy Fourth!

Linda said...

Nice bright barn! I love the llamas!

Rose said...

I cannot believe the price for drawing up the plans!!!! Love your barn shot...and llamas have the most beautiful eyes.

Henny Penny said...

That is an outrageous amount!! You have the most determination and order to your life, and I sure admire that. I could use a few lessons. I rarely follow through with any of my plans. I can't even keep up with my favorite blogs. :) Your pictures are so pretty!

o2bhiking said...

Love the barn, inside and out. That is a lot of money for detailed drawings. Hope your friend does OK with the tests.

Dianna said...

Loved the fourth picture in this post. The brightly colored door on the side is a great accent to the tan of the rest of the building.

Your daisies are beautiful! Mine are blooming now, too.