Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 06, 2017

A look at the floor plan

🌺     🌺
The last couple of days when I walked there was lots of sunshine
and temperatures in the low 60's.
We haven't had rain for a while so it was nice this morning to see a gentle rain falling.  I'm sure all the plants are happy to get a drink.
It was 62 degrees this morning and I walked around town with my umbrella.
No special route just all over the place!!
Over by the town pond there are two big pumps draining out the water.
I'm guessing they are going to dredge the pond.  

The only person I saw out was Rebeca walking her dog.
Walking up the hill to the one cemetery which has corn growing on either side,
I saw a raccoon run from one side of the road to the other.

I walked 6.3 miles
 ðŸŒº     🌺
Yesterday we took all the house plans that Ken has been hard at work on
over to Staples and had super large copies of all 6 pages made.
Things went smoothly at Staples.  They were able to do it right then as
we waited and they were helpful and friendly.

From there we went to the building department and talked to the man in charge
of giving out building permits.  We went over all the plans with him and he
found everything in order and said there shouldn't be any problems.
Now we can give the plans to Ronnie our builder and he can get the
building permit and get things rolling.

So instead of having to pay $9500 for the designer/architect we just had to pay the $23 for the copies to be made at Staples!!  Quite a savings!!!

Thought you might be interested in seeing the floor plan of our proposed house.
Yesterday it was coloring day again at the library.  There were just 3
of us there.  Tired to get a few other women to come along but they all
said coloring just wasn't their thing.  
Finished the picture that I started last time.
Quite colorful isn't it?  I think it would glow in the dark. 😊
I've been working on the latest baby blanket and have just 7 more squares
to finish it.  I've been sewing as I went along so don't have to sew all the squares at once. Will probably have it finished by tomorrow.

Looks to be a rainy day today and I'm having a nice day around the house.
Hope to finish the book I'm reading too.

 A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

I usually end my posts with a quote but I've been reading Proverbs 
and thought for the next month or so I'd post some of the
the verses that stand out for me.
A good place to start is the very first one.
Proverbs 1:1
The proverbs of Solomon the son of David King of Israel.

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge:
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

25 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like the picture with the flowers growing up beside the walk. The house plans look great. I must be exciting to plan and get a brand new home.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, sounds like nice temps for your walk. The house plans look great I would love a laundry/mud room with it's own entrance. It is raining here today. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!







Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Your housing plans sound very exciting and what a great saving you made. The rain can be a welcome relief for the plants after so much sunshine, we're expecting a storm later I think xx

Debby Ray said...

Oh how fun it is to plan a house! The planning part, I should say is fun...the building part, maybe not so much! Well...kinda...you know what I mean. I really like the floor plan and yes, like Eileen said, I would love to have a mudroom/laundry room!

John M said...

Very colorful.

Rose said...

I love your house plans...and I like that antique sign. Actually I would like to go in it and just look. And I have been reading Proverbs, too.

o2bhiking said...

We've had a lot of storms lately so glad you are having good walking weather. That is great about your house to be.

Happy@Home said...

Your house plans look just right for the two of you and the savings with Ken drawing up the plan are very admirable. We are starting to talk about downsizing in the next few years. This house is feeling like too much work for us.
I like your colorful picture.

Retired Knitter said...

Your plans look perfect. After downsizing ourselves, it feels like the perfect move for us. I am sure this house will feel the same, especially since our will have a hand in its creation from the start. How many square foot does it work out to?

Michelle said...

Glad to hear that you were able to save on the house plans! Whew!!

Dianna said...

That was quite a savings with the house plans, Karen! I love the floor plan! I know how excited you must be! I'm happy for you and Ken.

I also enjoyed your coloring page...love all the color!

I've enjoyed our rainy day today also!

Vee said...

Amazing savings! You two are smart cookies.,

Vee said...

!!!

ellen b said...

Looks like a nice plan for your new home. I'm glad it worked out to have the plans done at Staples for so much less!

Tom said...

...Staples, sure was a deal.

Henny Penny said...

Wow, you really saved a lot! I enjoy reading proverbs. Proverbs 37 is one of my favorites.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wow! Big step, actual house plans. They look very sensible. Is that a three car garage? I'd like that part!

Lisa said...

Your house is going to be perfect! Im fixing to start on a baby blanket soon. My nephew is gonna be a dad near Christmas so As soon as they find out the Sex im getting started.
Lisa

doodles n daydreams said...

Your floor plan is so simple and uncomplicated, really nice. Well done on getting so well started on everything.

Diana

Aritha V. said...

Rain is necessary. I think the flowers are enjoying the rain after drought. Beautiful picture of the white flowers!

Thankful with you that the man he found everything in order.

Christine said...

So impressed with your savings on the plans & the design! It will be such a cosy home!

Pom Pom said...

That's a lovely plan! Perfect! Well done, you two!

Ruta M. said...

Love the plans for your new home. It looks like it will have everything you need. Hopefully one day we'll be making plans too but not for a while yet.

Melanie said...

Karen, I lost my comment to you as I was tying it so this may be a duplicate. It's been so long so I checked in here that I was afraid that you had built the house and moved in and I'd missed all the fun! :) Great savings on the plans. You must be doing the happy dance with that! I like your house layout. Should be a perfect size for you. Where is Ken going to put the trains? Second bedroom? Have a great day.

M.K. said...

Love your floor plans, and many congrats on getting it done so cheaply! That's wonderful. It looks compact and perfect for you two. May you have many joyful years in it! And thanks for the quote at the top by Mr. Marx. It reminded me of my efforts these days to choose to be happier :)