Giving Thanks Post Day 5
I am thankful for all the farmers who are often taken for granted.
We walk into a food store and just select what we want from the shelves
and don't give much thought to who grew the food.
A few farming facts.
- Americans spend 10% of their income on food.
- 210,000 full time US farmers produce 80% of our food and fiber.
- For every $1 spent on food farmers receive less than 12 cents for the raw product.
- The average US farmer feeds 155 people.
- US farmers produce about 40% of the worlds corn.
- Farmers endure drought, heat, rain, wind, snow, hail and tornados to bring food to Americans tables.
- Americans enjoy a food supply that is abundant, affordable and among the world's safest.
So lets remember those farmers and thank them.
A special thank you to the farmers I know here in my town.
The Dairy Farm farmer who I haven't met yet.
☺ ☺ ☺ ☺
Some off the subject things that I have to share with you.
My new camera came in the mail yesterday - a Nikon Coolpix S7000 and I love it. Nice pictures and easy to use.
A picture today along my walk - reflection at Farmer Bill's farm.
Also here's an update on the growing out of my gray hair. Took a picture this morning because this afternoon is my hair appointment to have it layered and streaked.
A happy day to you.
happyone : )