Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday

This picture was taken of the sunrise yesterday.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
It was 44 degrees this morning with a misty rain every once in a while but not enough to get me wet.   I didn't take any pictures while walking today so here's another one from yesterday.
Walked around town, then down towards HT, back to town and around the cemeteries and the ball park loop. 

I saw a couple of rabbits.  It's been awhile since I've seen any of them.  Maybe it's just been too dark to see them.  It's not until around 7:20 that it starts to get light. 

I saw Lisa again at the first cemetery and we stopped to chat as always.  I was just leaving and she was just getting there.  On my way to the second one, she passed me up (she runs).

Always enjoy my walks : ) and today I walked 6.5 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
We went to Walmart to do some food shopping this morning.  Only cloudy when we left but the rain was coming down in earnest on the way home.

I finally finished reading The Goldfinch and I'm glad to be done with it.  It was a long book with almost 800 pages in it.  I liked it at first and most of it was pretty good but overall it was just okay. 

I straightened up all my yarn and put it in baskets on a white shelf that I had down in the basement.  It now sits in my office/craft room.
I haven't done my exercise Body Electric program yet today so I guess I'd better go and get the over with.  I have to make myself to that.  It isn't like walking.  : )

Hope your day has been a happy one.
happyone : )
Believers, look up - take courage.
The angels are nearer than you think.
~ Billy Graham
Comment Replies:
Betty - Nice to hear from you. : )  I don't walk the trails at HT in the morning because it is 3 miles one way from my house, so just there and back would be 6 miles and walking the trails too, would just be a bit too far.

10 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Your sunrise is gorgeous.. Sorry about the rain but at least you were still able to walk.. Your yard looks nice and neat, a perfect spot.. Have a great evening!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love how you organized your yarn. I can sure see why you always look forward to your walks. You have such beautiful scenery everywhere! Plus just being outdoors and walking is such a blessing! Thanks for your sweet words on my blog. I am glad to be back and glad that I have such good friends in the blog world. See you again tomorrow!

Happy@Home said...

Your yarn looks so nicely organized and pretty.
Too bad The Goldfinch didn't turn out better after investing all of that time in reading it. I thought I might read it, but now I think I'll skip it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Wonderful sunrise picture!

Kerin said...

BEAUTIFUL!
Love the pictures!

Suz said...

isn't it a shame that so many books are just okay

Grandma C said...

Beautiful sunrise! . Guess some books take longer than others, I am reading a book titled.. The Gravity of Birds written by a friend of ours

Mary said...

I read the Goldfinch too and just thought it was fair. I'd heard such great reviews, so I was a little disappointed. Sometimes that happens to me though. I don't like some things that others rave about... :)

Anonymous said...

That is a very gorgeous sunrise - so colorful! Your yarn is displayed and organized so nicely - all ready for a new project. :)

Lindy

o2bhiking said...

Whata gorgeous sunrise! You really captured it.