Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A book I like : )

Mrs Ladybug
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
Didn't leave until a little after 7:00 this morning because woke up late again. 45 degrees this morning and a bit on the windy side.  Another rainy morning and I went walking in my rain pants and yellow slicker.  Just misty at times but other times it rained hard.  Nice listening to the rain on my hood.  Most of you know I enjoy walking in the rain. : )

Walked over to the library first thing and dropped The Goldfinch book down the library book drop.  Walked all over town and the usual cemeteries and ball park loop too.  No one else out in the rain this morning so didn't stop to talk to anyone. 

I found a lucky penny - heads up.
Walked 6.6 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
A rainy day is a good day for baking so I baked a big batch of chocolate chip cookies again.  This time for the kids church for this coming Sunday.   I baked 136 cookies.  100 of them will go to church and the other 36 are in reserve.  One thing good about these cookies is that they freeze well.

I started another library book and this one I like!!  It is called Cape Refuge by Terri Blackstock.   I've never read any of her books before and this one is the first in a series of four.  It's a good murder mystery and a page turner for me.  Check it out HERE.

Well, I'm going to get back to my book.
Hope your day was happy and bright.
happyone  : )
God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.
~ Saint Augustine

9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Cute shot of the ladybug.. You are a trooper walking in the rain.. The cookies sound great, wish I had one now.. The book sounds great, I love mysteries.. Enjoy your evening and the book!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I also love that lady bug picture. I sure could go for one of your cookies ;-) I am going to look for that book ~ maybe I will even make a trip to the library and see if they have it. I have two books I need to finish before the end of Oct. then I will check out that book because I always really enjoy the books your recommend. Thanks.

Grandma C said...

Cute little lady bug. Walking in the rain sounds like fun.

Mary said...

Sweet photo of the ladybug. :) I love murder mysteries. This author you mention is new to me, so i will look for this series the next time i go to the library. I go a couple of times a week!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that's a chilly morning, but as long as one is dressed for the weather, it doesn't really matter.
Cute lady bug! Sounds like a good book you're reading.

I made it through my dental appointment just fine but it seemed to take forever for the numbing to wear off. It was a great excuse to have a milkshake for my supper! :D

Lindy

Happy@Home said...

The ladybug is a cutie. You got a nice close up of her.
The kids are going to enjoy those cookies. I need to get in the kitchen and bake some as my mouth is now watering.
I'm not familiar with the book series you mentioned. I'll check it out.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Sure enjoyed your last two posts. The sunrise photo is just wonderful! Your walks sound good. They are inspiring me to get into a walking program. I know it is an enjoyable thing and will make me feel better. Thanks for sharing your blog and for your comments on mine. John

Kerin said...

Rainy days, chocolate chip cookies, and a great book = a perfect day :)

After I finish getting the carpets shampooed, I'm hoping to get a little reading in today, as well.
Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

K.

o2bhiking said...

Love the ladybug!

I love walking in the rain, but I am less thrilled to hike in the rain if I am camping out. Then I have to set up a wet tent, try to keep the sleeping bag dry, etc.