Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 05, 2014

Stinkhorn

Picture of the Day
Another Farm Road
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
It was 60 degrees again this morning and cloudy.  The mornings are a bit dark now as I start my walk and will only be getting darker.
I walked down the main road through town one way, then turned around and walked back past my house and continued on the main road up the other way toward Happy Trails.  Turned around again and headed home.  Made a loop around the ball park because I didn't quite have enough miles walked yet.

Most people must stay walking on the main road because today I saw 4 others walking. 

There was a dead black and white rabbit on the side of the road which was obvious someones pet.  Lena and I were passing by there at the same time and she knew whose rabbit it was so she went to tell the little girl that her pet rabbit got hit by a car.  Such a sad thing to have to do.

Farther down the road this little scarecrow in a front yard made me smile.
I walked 6.1 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
Made two batches of fudge for a church event on September 13.  Nice to make it ahead so I know its done.  I just put it in the freezer.

This is a creepy looking fungus I spotted in the pumpkin patch.  I've never seen anything like it.  I did a little research on line and found out that it is called Stinkhorn Fungus.  Check out this LINK is you want to read about it.
I carefully dug it up, put it in a plastic bag before throwing in the garbage.

Hanging around home on this Friday.
Ken continues to work on the stone patio.
Hope you day is a happy one.
happyone : )
Take time to be kind and to say 'thank you.'
~ Zig Ziglar
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. Having a quick and easy fudge recipe
  2. Not having to run the AC all summer
  3. I'm not bored and have lots to do

7 comments:

SusieCraft said...

I know what you mean....I really never understood boredom. Glad you are settled and happy there in the country!

Happy@Home said...

Just clicked the link and must say I have never seen anything like that before. It sounds absolutely disgusting. I hope that's the last you will see of that in your pumpkin patch.
So sad about the little girl's pet rabbit. We used to have a rabbit who was black and white. Her name was Oreo. My son would have been heartbroken if it had been hit by a car.
Have a nice weekend, Karen.

Kerin said...

That fungus is the strangest thing! I have never seen or heard of anything like it!

Nice of you to make fudge for everyone, and it's good that you stay busy :)
I like to stay busy as well. I have been a homemaker and a stay at home mom, almost all of my married life, and I am so busy that most days, I meet myself coming and going ***smile***.

Have a great weekend!!

Kerri Farley said...

A Beautiful shot of the Farm Road!!!

o2bhiking said...

The stinkhorn is pretty weird but very interesting. The colors match those in that cool scarecrow almost perfectly. That is sad about the rabbit. Poor thing, and poor little girl to get that news.

Have a good weekend. Art

Jeanne said...

That first picture would make a beautiful watercolor!
It breaks my heart to see dead pets on the road. I keep my kitty inside.

Anonymous said...

That road is so enticing! So sad about the bunny.