Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 06, 2014

Farmers and Threshermens Jubilee

Picture of the Day
I should have used this picture for a Good Fence post.  
Lots of fences in this picture.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
66 degrees and cloudy this morning when I went for my walk.  Had a random walk all over town and around the cemeteries.

Three crows were in some tall brush at the edge of the cemetery.  Picture isn't all that great but it is hard for me to get a picture of a crow and to get three of them to sit still long enough is amazing for me.
Not much activity on my walk - didn't see any one and hardly any cars either.  Just the usual rabbits and birds.

I walked 6.2 miles.
❤     ❤     ❤     ❤
Right after breakfast we drove to The Farmers and Threshermens Jubilee in New Centerville, Pennsylvania and spent a few hours walking around there.  It is only about 45 minutes from home.  The weather was perfect with it being mostly cloudy because it kept it nice and cool for walking around. There were a lot of antique steam run machinery there and also the typical country fair type things around.  Booths of handmade crafts, Flea Market stuff, quilts for sale and lots of food.

A row of old steam run tractors.  They look like train locomotives to me.
I like the colors on this old wagon.
 We watched cinder blocks being made.
What we especially liked was this rock crusher machine.  Just what we need to crush up stones to put in between the stones on our patio.  Rocks go in at the top and out comes sand and two sizes of crushed stone.  The small sized crushed stone is just the perfect size we need.
We ate lunch there, walked around a bit more and when we left we took the long way home and had a nice drive through some beautiful country side.  Made a stop at Mc Donald's for ice cream cones.  You can't beat a 49 cents cone. : )

So that's been our day.  Hope you enjoyed your day as well.
happyone : )
People see God every day,
they just don't recognize him.
~ Pearl Bailey
Three Thankful Things Today
  1. A fun day out
  2. Good weather
  3. Ice cream cones
Comment Replies:
SusieCraft - nice to read a comment from you.  Hope all is well.

7 comments:

Nellie said...

My husband would enjoy a trip like this! He would be fascinated by that rock-crushing machine.
Now you have me eager for a McDonald's cone!:-)

Anonymous said...

That is a great capture of crows. I observed four at the botanical garden today, and I think I got one decent shot out of many. I agree about the tractors looking like steam engines.

Kerin said...

Looks like you had a great day!!

When my Dad was alive, he loved to go to fairs like that! He especially loved the old steam driving tractors!!!

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sounds like you had a great day at New Centerville... There's so much to see and do at those big events... We had a big craft show here over Labor Day.... There were lots of people around that weekend.

The ice cream cones sound delicious.
Hugs,
Betsy

o2bhiking said...

That sounds like a fun day, and a nice drive. I am glad that you enjoyed it. The machinery sounds very interesting.

It looks like the crows were practicing geometry and working on the perfect right triangle! Art

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Love that photo of the three crows - amazing capture :-)

Beate said...

I would have loved visiting that market :) I always love exploring places like these. I've never seen steam run tractors! :)