Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 02, 2012

Damp and cloudy morning

This morning when I left for my walk it was 44 degrees, dark and damp. It never did rain but felt like it would at any time. 
I walked around the lake again today but walked in the opposite direction that I usually do.  Only a few people out and they were all people that I've seen before. 
I spotted four deer and stopped to watch a couple of wrens hopping about on an old fallen down tree.  They are such cute little things.  The geese were extra noisy today and I noticed that they aren't staying in such large groups anymore.  Some have been pairing off and chasing others away.  That means that this spring I should see some babies!!
It is nice walking around the lake and watching a new day start.  The animals are stirring and the birds start singing and the squirrels are awake rustling through the leaves.  It is one of my favorite times of day and I am happy to be able to be outside walking.  How blessed I am to be able to do this every day.
I walked 6.6 miles.
Sunrise 7:14
Sunset 5:29

Enjoy your new day.
Happyone

5 comments:

Marti said...

Have a good day. The foggy lake picture would make a good jigsaw puzzle.

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like another nice walk and a lovely way to start the day.

Anonymous said...

Great photos. We have the odd wren visit our garden but there arn't many about 'tho they can be difficult to see as they move so quickly. Lovely bird.

Jeanne said...

Yes you are very blessed to be able to walk every day and in such a pretty place!!

Vee said...

Hmmm, somebody's getting clever.

You are the perkiest gal I know. Truly. ♫ Love is in the air...oh the fawn pictures that I know will come later this year!

Hope that it warmed up some for you to walk today.