Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Walking, knitting and eating

A few degrees warmer today at 21.  Not much of a difference that i noticed though.  It was calm and a great morning for walking around the lake.
Down at the narrow end of the lake there was a light coat of ice forming.  I'm sure it is melted by now though because as i type this, it is 46 degrees.  Not a lot of people out but still enough so that i didn't feel like i was the only person out.
The geese sit here on the hill.  Some eating, some sleeping.
A nice but uneventful walk.
I walked 6.4 miles.
Sunrise 7:18
Sunset 4:45
***************************************
I have missed my knitting group the last couple of weeks and it was nice to get back to that and see my friends there, for some knitting and talking.  A few people brought in some Christmas goodies and most of us tried hard not to eat anything.  I couldn't seem to pass up the sugar and cinnamon coated pecans.  I consoled myself saying that nuts are good for me!! : )
There were a dozen of us at knitting.  The knitting group is not only for knitters but for anyone who makes anything.  One of the women is making a bear for her mom for Christmas.  Here is what she has done so far.  I think she is doing a fantastic job on it.  To make it heavy so it can sit up she put a bag of BB's in the bottom! 
I've started another baby blanket.  You might remember that i knitted a yellow one a while back.  You can see it HERE.  The pattern is HERE.
This one i am using a cotton yarn and knitting it on size 8 needles.  I've just started so just have a few rows done so far.
 A close up of the stitches.
The knitting group breaks up at about 12:00.  Ken had to go over to the bank on his lunch hour today and gave me a call at 12:00.  My knitting group is at the mill which is where Rams Head Tavern is so he came over and we had lunch together there.  A very pleasant diversion in the middle of my day.

Haven't done a thing around the house yet so i'll be busy this afternoon getting some things done.  I never did write out those cards yesterday and don't think i'll get around to it today either.  Well, there is always tomorrow.

Hope you are enjoying your Tuesday.  If your busy working, don't forget to take some time for some fun too. 

A happy day to you.
Happyone : )
Love came down at Christmas,
Love all lovely, Love Divine;
Love was born at Christmas;
Star and angels gave the sign.
~ Christina Rossetti

8 comments:

Vee said...

That pattern is so intriguing and it looks so difficult. I'm be stumped. =) What a nice day you've enjoyed thus far. Keep right on enjoying it.

Kerri Farley said...

That's going to be another LOVELY Baby Blanket!
And what a cool Bear!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy knitting but not sure I could manage to knit on the needle you are using. It's so good to be a member of a group with the same interests to share.

George said...

Your lake picture is absolutely beautiful. The bear that one of the members of your knitting group is making is really neat, and I like the blanket you're working on.

Anita said...

That looks like the basket weave pattern. Impressive, and fun to do.
I've missed my crochet/knitting group for the past six weeks or so, and I'm determined to go Wednesday and turn in a bunch of baby items and lap robes; clear them out and start new ones in January.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh what a precious Bear she is making! Your group is so talented!!!

"Heap on more wood!~~The wind is chill;
But let it whistle as it will,
We'll keep our Christmas merry still."

~~Sir Walter Scott

Noofy said...

You have a gift, whatever you make is always lovely. If it doesn't meet your standards, they you unravel and start again. How nice to have lunch with Ken. I've been busy keeping up with the holidays (and some cleaning). I did manage to get cards out yesterday and today. Loving the Christmas spirit!

Happy@Home said...

Sounds like perfect timing for Ken to call for a lunch date.
The baby blanket looks like it is going to be really pretty and soft.
Glad you shared the teddy bear. She is doing a great job on it. It is adorable. A talented bunch you all are.