Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Cleaning day

It felt warm this morning at 32 degrees after the cold mornings we have been having.  I walked around the lake again.  There are short paths through the trees that the fishermen take walking down to the lake and this morning i walked down a few of these to go down by the water.  A beautiful sunrise this morning through the trees.
I spotted a heron and took a video of him but can't seem to get it posted here, but here's a still picture i took of him.


The usual amount of people were out around the lake enjoying the early morning.  A quiet morning around the lake but i enjoyed walking down by the water.  I like to walk off the paved paths because i like walking in the woods and this way i can pretend that i am. : )
I found a lucky penny on the way home.
I walked 6.7 miles.
Sunrise 7:19
Sunset 4:45
********************************************
First thing this morning i got the sheets washed and hung outside on the line to dry and the bread machine going making a loaf of bread.  Then got a body electric workout out of the way.  Usually do it in the afternoon.
Then spent the rest of the day cleaning.
Just thought i'd take a break and post this.  Still have to put the sheets back on the bed and figure out what to make for supper.

Hope all is well in your part of the world.

A happy Wednesday to you.
Happyone : )
Fail not to call to mind,
in the course of the twenty-fifth of this month,
that the Divinest Heart that ever walked the earth
was born on that day;
and then smile and enjoy yourselves the rest of it ;
for mirth is also of Heaven's making.
~ Leigh Hunt


8 comments:

Terra said...

Love the colors in the sky and the quote from Leigh Hunt.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

-chuckle- Yes, I imagine 32 did feel almost balmy, compared to the last few days!!!

Oh your sunrise photos! As I said in your photo blog -- They simply call out to be printed and put in a frame and hung on a wall.

Today (Wed.) was a cleaning day here too. And oh the sparkling sinks look so nice. :-))))))) I know, Fly Lady says to keep this, allllllll the time. But I have to admit, I'm not as faithful to my sinks, as she is. :-)

~-~-~-~-~
"Chill December brings the sleet,
Blazing fire and Christmas treat."

~~Mother Goose
~-~-~-~-~

Susan said...

Gorgeous photo of the sunrise!
It sounds like a full day of cleaning. I'm so happy you took a wee break to post. Believe it or not, you motivate me every day - I can't sit around when you're working so hard. :))

Marti said...

You have been a busy lady! What do your do with all your lucky pennies? Enjoyed your quote.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Beautiful sky picture, Karen... Looks like a great walk today.

Sounds like you had a productive day... Cleaning is not my idea of fun!!!! ha

Great quote today.
Hugs,
Betsy

Vee said...

Yes, I think the Lord loves to see us happy and enjoying ourselves. I know that I love to see my children happy and enjoying themselves.

Fresh sheets...hmmm...I love fresh sheet night.

Gwendolyn said...

To read of all you've done today and yet my day is just beginning! Trust I'll be as productive as you've been. He has it all planned doesn't He? And we should enjoy all His blessings!

Noofy said...

I get behind in my blog reading during the holidays. You squeeze so much into a day and enjoy each one. I look forward to reading your posts.