Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

No title today

This morning was like all the others, hot and humid as I walked my 6 miles around the lake. The drill sergeant had her troupes out again today. This time they were lifting weights in the parking lot!
A half dozen bunnies came out from hiding and were eating breakfast along the upper path. I can see why that path is nicknamed the "bunny trail." The geese are so used to people now that they don't even move out of the way when we walk by. We have to walk around them on the path.
I was out walking earlier than usual and so was lots of others. It was quite crowded around the lake.
The clouds in the sky looked really cool this morning.
To me it looked like layers of batting that is used in making quilts.
Then to have it reflected in the water was an added bonus.
This picture is on the other side of the lake.
I thought it pretty with all the different shades of green.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished reading The Big Book of Beatrix Potter yesterday.
It was nice to read all those old stories once again. :-)
I love all the illustrations too.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I made a birthday card for my Mom and then packed up her present and got it ready to bring to the post office. In a couple of days once she opens it up I'll tell you what I got her. Her birthday is next Monday, but once the package gets there, she won't be able to wait and she will open it. :-)

I hopped in the car, went to the post office and mailed off my Mom's present. I get my hair done just down the street so I stopped in there and made a hair appointment for next week. Cheryl was working today so I went over and said Hi.

My car quite often is a conversation piece and people are always making comments about it or asking questions when I go out. This is the first time I have ever been asked this question though!! "How do you get in your car"? I looked at her kind of strange and said "What do you mean? She said, "it's so low, I'd never be able to get in it."

One of many pet peeves I have of people's driving habits is when they pull up to a red light and stop about 2 car lengths back. Then they inch up every so often until the light changes. Why don't they just pull up to the line and stop. Very annoying to be behind them.

The first townhouse in our development is for sale already. Today while I was out on the deck taking in the laundry a man walked by and asked me some questions about how we liked living here. I told him about the houses and how much we liked it here. He thanked me, said he would check out the house for sale, got in his car (which was parked blocking my driveway) and drove away. Perhaps I've just helped sell a house!!

Well, that's my day so far. Don't know what the rest of the day will bring but I hope to enjoy it!

Hope good things are happening for you on this Wednesday.
Happyone :-)
The only thing that could spoil a day was people.
People were always the limiters of happiness
except for the very few that were
as good as spring itself.
~Ernest Hemingway

9 comments:

KathyA said...

Those clouds do remind me of batting. I bet soon, the deer and bunnies will even know your name!!

Barb said...

I like your lake photos today - my sky here in Breckenridge looked cloudy, too. I managed a morning hike before the rain came. Long ago when I was pregnant with twins, we had an XKE Jaguar - when I was about 5 months, we had to sell it - I couldn't lower myself to get in the seat anymore!

Anonymous said...

FYI--stopping several car lengths before the light tends to speed up the light change. There are underground magnetic markers farther away from the light that gauge the line of cars--the longer the line, the light is then programmed to switch signals sooner. See it all the time in L.A., where traffic is a nightmare.

Suz said...

love those clouds...we had good ones too..but they were billowing against a blue sky
love you lake
corvette.....

Rathi said...

those clouds look so beautiful Karen.... and i am so excited to know about your mum's birthday... so great... you seemed just a like a kid for a moment when you said you hopped into the car.... really cute
:-)

Happy@Home said...

Such pretty pictures you captured of those fluffy clouds reflected in the lake.
Once in a while I am guilty of stopping short of the light. The reason is that many times 18 wheelers are waiting to make a left turn and I find if I don't do this, I am holding my breath as they nearly hit me as they turn.
Looking forward to hearing about your mom's birthday present :-).

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful picstures! and love the quote too!

happyone said...

Anonymous, I understand about the markers. The people I'm talking about just stop way too far back whatever position in line they are and then creep up. The creeping up is what bothers me.

Kim, I know what you mean about staying back from the light for the trucks. I do that myself. I'm talking about the people who are way back and then creep up.

Vee said...

Your title cracked me up. "Low" is a bit tough for some...John has trouble with "low" and my Nan does, but she has a good excuse.