Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself;
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today.
I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet.
I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
~Groucho Marx

Translate

Follow by Email

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Walking, knitting, baking, and reading

This morning I walked along the paths through the neighborhoods with no special route in mind. I just wanted to stay in the shade under the trees because it was yet another hot sticky morning. I cut my walk a bit short today and only walked 5.4 miles. No deer again and I didn't even see any geese or ducks because I wasn't by the lake. But I did hear all the birds singing their happy morning songs. Quite a few people along the paths though and I stopped for a little chat with Petey and Bob.
A picture I snapped along the way.Isn't this mushroom huge?A slug making his way slowly down the sidewalk.When I get home it feels so good to step into an air conditioned house!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We did go to Rita's after supper yesterday. We went a little after 8:00 and the parking lot was full. Seemed like everyone had the same idea as we did. We both got vanilla and cherry Gelati's.

It's Tuesday and off I went to the knitting group this morning. The other Corvette was parked right next to mine when I left again. Next time I think I'm going to leave a note on their windshield!

I had some lunch when I got home and then I baked some Welsh Cookies. The recipe is HERE. A nice biscuit type cookie that is not very sweet but is very good and goes just perfect with a cup of tea!

For the rest of the afternoon I am going to enjoy sitting in the chair by the front window reading my a book and NOT feel like I should be doing something else.

A happy Tuesday to you!
Happyone :-)
I think, at a child's birth,
if a mother could ask a fairy godmother
to endow it with the most useful gift,
that gift should be curiosity.
~Eleanor Roosevelt

5 comments:

  1. The Queen Anne's Lace and mushroom are neat! The slug, not so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your photos today! Hope you enjoyed your book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. actually I thought the slug was beautiful..like a tiger...and that mushroom..wow
    still can't wrap my head around a bitty girl like you driving such power..and in red

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Great quote! LOVE that mushroom!! Really cool slug too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics.... and that is really some big mushroom..... but WOW

    ReplyDelete

Hello my friend.
Thanks for stopping by.
I'm hoping you will leave a comment.
Thanks. : )