Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 12, 2009

A sunny warm

morning walk. No rain on my walk but I got wet anyway, only this time with sweat!! :-) I took this picture standing on a foot bridge looking down in the water at some water lilies. They aren't blooming yet but I can see some buds. I'll take another picture when they are blooming. A saw a downy woodpecker. And once again watched the heron fly low over the water - such a beautiful sight!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Lots of activity going on in the neighborhood with the building of the other townhouses. Four more loads of lumber were delivered and there is wood in every little space they can find. Concrete trucks going in and out pouring slabs for two rows. They are putting the brick on the row that is in the front of ours. Once they start building with the wood the houses go up FAST and in a week all the wood will probably be gone. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When you have bananas that look like this there is only one thing to do with them.
Turn them into this - yummy Banana Bread! :-)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend Lin called to say she was going to be in the area and asked if she could stop by and see the house. She got here a little after one and I gave her the house tour. She stayed a couple of hours and we had a nice visit. Then she was off again. Lin is one of those people who are always up and happy with a smile for everyone. I'm happy that we are friends. :-) Now I'm off to do my exercise. Then I'll get some time to read my book. Started a new one yesterday by Anita Shreve which is very good. Have a happy Friday everyone. Happyone :-) No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

3 comments:

KathyA said...

I had a good day, too -- very busy. Had intended to pack, but will have to do that tonight...I wound up babysitting and now I'm exhausted. I'll try to get at least the lion's share of it done before I crash.

George said...

You found the perfect solution for those bananas and I'll bet the result was delicious. It doesn't sound as if your area has been hurt by the housing slump.

Michele said...

Oh boy, did someone say banana bread??!!!? MY favorite!