Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 02, 2026

Jigsaw Puzzles

Another one of those great mornings for walking.
62 degrees with sun and clouds and a nice breeze.
Sunrise was at 7:14.
Had to stop for a few deer crossing the road
just down the road from my house. 

Up and down the main road I walked to start.


Continued around both of the cemeteries and then headed
down the road towards home.
Made a detour up Sale Barn Road before heading back to town.

Didn't see anyone else out walking but did stop to talk
to Farmer Marvin.
Didn't see David drive by but this time I saw Liz.

I walked under such beautiful skies this morning.
Couldn't just post one picture!







🙂    🍁    🌤️    🎃

I baked Oat Bran Muffins again this morning.
This time blueberries went into them.


Most years we buy 4 new jigsaw puzzles to do during the winter
starting with the first snow fall.
(we get 4 because when you buy 3 you get the 4th one free)
We ordered our four for this year today on line from White Mountain.
That got me to thinking how many puzzles we actually have already.
I collected them all up and put them in stacks.
Some were in drawers, some were in an old truck, and others
in a cabinet.
They totaled 46 and with these 4 new ones we will have 50!!!



I'm going to leave them all here stacked in the bedroom and see how
many we can do this winter.
After doing one we will decide to keep it or give it away.
We will not buy any more till we have done every single puzzle!!

🧩    🧩    🧩

Happy that it is pizza day today.
Didn't even have to make the dough because made it last week and
I make two at a time.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by and hope your day is a good one.
HappyK🙂❤️

16 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Beautiful photos, Karen. I love ❤️ your piles of jigsaw puzzles. They are so much fun 😁

Bill said...

Stunning sky shots. Puzzle time is coming soon for you. Enjoy!

Tom said...

I love the shot of Main Street, the flag in the foreground is a nice addition.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your morning skies are beautiful.
You've got a nice selection of puzzles to do this winter.

All the best Jan

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Such beautiful photos! October is a wonderful month for morning walking! And you captured ir beautifully. I love your puzzle idea. And I love your Friday pizza night too. Have a cozy weekend, my friend.

Ann said...

all of those pictures of the sky are so pretty. What a view for your walk.
That's a good plan for the puzzles. A fun way to spend the winter

Mari said...

That really was a beautiful sky for your walk, and I also like seeing the lit steeple on main street.
Great idea on the puzzles.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Wow, you have lots of puzzles! I have quite a few as well, but not as many as you! I didn't do any puzzles last winter, but I plan to do some this year. Those sunrise pictures are just gorgeous! I hope you have a good weekend! See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

That sunrise was so beautiful!!
You certainly have a lot of jigsaw puzzles. I wonder how many you'll get finished before next Spring.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your sky photos are so gorgeous that I cannot pick a favorite either. And I love the first one, with the sky and lighted steeple. Puzzle time!! Probably for us as well.

Anonymous said...

Another delightful post. I do like the way a lot of homes and buildings in the States fly the flag. We don't see that as much here, in New Zealand. Wishing you a happy day ☺️

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love all your sky images, just beautiful.
You do have lots of puzzles.
Have a happy weekend.

Prims By The Water said...

We use to sell White Mountain puzzles at our gift shop. I should have saved one or two when we closed. Oh well. Have fun picking out which ones you will complete. Janice

🌺 Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Wow you're really into puzzles! Beautiful sunrise.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful sky photos! You have a lot of puzzles!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful skies.
God bless.