My new umbrella has been in the laundry room
and this morning I thought I might as well put it in the Jeep.
( that's where I always keep it)
No rain was expected but as I was walking I
felt a few drops of rain and went to the Jeep and got the umbrella.
The rain came down in buckets so I got to use the new umbrella.
It only rained for 5 minutes and then just cloudy.
Temperature was 72.
Yesterday I was looking on the internet for a picture of the old
post office in town when it was in use but couldn't find anything.
But I did come across this old picture of the
Zion Cemetery which is the one on top of the hill.
Don't know what year it was taken.
Here it is this morning.
The new sign was moved to the left.
Walked down the main road towards home, up Sale Barn a ways,
then both cemeteries, and the new road loop.
Continued around town till I had all my steps in.
Anna and her dad Mark were out walking
and saw Rebecca out too.
😊 ☁️ ☔️
Finished up this week house cleaning.
Made some of those Forgotten Cookies.
I made the little bite ones.
This afternoon I went outside and pulled weeds
out of the gravel around the house.
It's an overwhelming job and the rest I'm not going to worry about
and just let the weeds die on their own.
Then I sat out on the front porch for a while.
Supper tonight is soft shell tacos.
It's been a good day and for that I am thankful.
Thank you for coming by.
Hope you had a wonderful day.
HappyK🙂
✏️Comment Replies:
Debby - Yes, the old post office is abandoned. It's been like that ever since we've lived here.




6 comments:
Beautiful photos, dear Karen! And temperatures in the 70s are such a joy for walking!
Glad you had the umbrella! And look at the beautiful sky later.
We've had the same type of weather - looks like it's going to storm like crazy and then the sun comes out.
Glad you were able to use your new umbrella. We have had severe weather for 2 days now. Tornadoes everywhere. Very unusual for us here in September. Janice
We are back to our default weather mode, rain!
...those arborvitae on each side of the drive are gorgeous. It amazing the deer haven'r eaten the bottoms.
a brief rain and a beautiful blue sky!! my gardens are full of weeds...i will not be able to get them right now!! pretty pics today!!
Post a Comment