Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 15, 2026

My African Violets

 

I usually have some kind of a route in mind when I start out walking
but this morning it was very random with no order!!

Tomorrow is Anna's birthday so I put her card in a plastic bag
and tacked it to their mailbox post.
I gave her one of the diamond art cards I made.


As you can see it was a foggy morning as I walked around town.
This is the road where the new houses will be.



A sign has been put up showing the lots and prices.


Walked all around town and didn't see anyone.
By the time I got back to the pond the fog was gone and the sun was out.
The temperature was 62 degrees.
I found a penny at the car dealer.


😊    ☁️    🌤️     ðŸŒ¼

Stitching morning at the library.
Five of us there this time.
I made weave-it squares.
Jalene brought her 11 year old granddaughter Kaylee along 
and was teaching her to crochet.

Before I went to the library I stopped at the post office
to mail a package.
It's now on it's way to North Carolina.

Back in April I divided one of my African violets into 4 pots.
This is them and I didn't think they would make it.


BUT here are a couple of them now.
I can't believe how big and beautiful they are now.
All four look like this.
They have never stopped blooming!
I gave one of them to Liz.



That's going to be it for today.
Thanks so much for coming by.
Hope you had a wonderful Saturday.
HappyK🙂



✏️Comment Replies:
Tom - It is called a 'fish fry' here too. 🙂

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Interesting to see how those lots are laid out and how much they cost.
Your African Violets are doing so well. Especially considering how they looked before.

Lowcarb team member said...

You did have a foggy start to the day!
Your African Violets are lovely.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

Yes, the African Violets look great.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Lovely photos, Karen. Beautiful African violets. ❤️