Had my usual walk this morning.
All over town, the cemeteries and the ball park
with a stop at the library to put a DVD down the drop.
A few pictures from my walk.
Saw RuthAnn standing by her car and stopped to talk.
She had locked her keys in the car along with her house keys
and was waiting for her daughter to rescue her.
I've known RuthAnn these years we've lived here.
Aunt Lois is a woman who comes to stitching at the library.
I just learned that Aunt Lois is RuthAnn's mother!!
Learned a few things about chickens as well.
They DO remember faces and if you are nice or mean to them.
They like if you talk to them and do run over to you when
they recognize you.
This morning none of the chickens were out of their coop yet.
I called to them and not all of them but a good many came
out to see me. ๐
It rained last night but again it had just stopped when
I got to town.
It was just cloudy when I walked and
the temperature was 70, with a nice breeze.
Sunrise 6:31
๐ ☁️ ๐ ๐งข
Got the sheets hung out on the line.
Put chicken along with zesty Italian dressing and a
few other spices in the slow cooker.
Then got my exercise
(body electric which I do 3 times a week)
out of the way.
Next I did something I haven't done in quite a while.
I ironed!!
Ken had three dress shirt and I had a blouse
that have needed ironing for a long time.
Spent some time knitting on the throw for the seniors
and also read some.
I have some potatoes cooking on the stove now and will
have mashed potatoes with the chicken from the slow cooker.
Also having green beans from our little garden.
Hope you all enjoyed your Monday.
Once again thanks for stopping by.
HappyK๐
TotalDaySteps 16,832





17 comments:
Lovely photos from your walk, Karen. And your supper sounds scrumptious, dear friend. ๐
My Monday blog post is on my blog but didn't show up in the Blogger news reader.
I hope you have a lovely week ahead. ๐
What a pretty walk you had today. I didn't know the things you shared about chickens and we had a bunch of them when I was growing up.
Isn't it funny what a small world it is sometimes? It's fun to make those connections.
Your supper sounds good.
Interesting about chickens. I haven’t ironed anything in ages. Your dinner sounds good
That is fun to know about chickens. I like the new views we are seeing on your walks. Ironing is done here at random times and those times aren't often. Happy evening to you.
Your dinner sounds SO good!! My favorite photo is the pretty one with the fence. Learning about RuthAnn and her Mom after all these years! I guess that's a small town for you.
...you sure have a green landscape to enjoy on your walk!
Yummy sounding supper! I remember going to the chicken coop with my grandma when I was little. I've talked to them ever since when I see some.
The chickens sound like a friendly bunch. Always nice to have a chat with them and catch up with the latest coop news. :)
I iron my cross stitch samplers before I get them off to be framed, but other than that I dont iron anymore. Most chickens are friendly. My maternal grandmother had a banter rooster who hated me. He would always chase me and try to peck at my ankles. I hated him. LOL Janice
So fun that the chickens came to you when you called them! I'm probably rare but I love to iron! I don't have things to iron very often though! Your dinner sounds delicious!
Chickens make good pets. I had one as a child, and she let us hold her and love on her. So sweet. My sister and I would put her (Henny Penny) in our doll stroller and take her,for walks within our yard. She loved it!
I just read Psalm 24:3-5 this morning which is similar to the passage you shared. I love it when that happens! I love to iron but I know most people don't iron much. Have a great dinner - it sounds so yummy!
I didn't know that about chickens! Changes my perspective a bit! We won't talk about the ironing!
I have a flock of Wild Turkeys on my property. Like chickens, they have learned to come in as I scatter bird seed on the ground from the deck above. They’re not so “wild” anymore.
Hello,
Pretty photos, the last scene is my favorite.
It is nice you stop and talk with the chickens.
Take care, enjoy your day!
That was interesting about chickens.
I did some ironing today too!
All the best Jan
I still iron every week, mainly shirts for my son and any that my DH has worn that week. I don't mind ironing at all.
Post a Comment