Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

A little kayaking

 

58 degrees this morning with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 6:33

Walked around the cemeteries and then down the road toward home,
turned up Barn Sale Rd.


I'm not the only one in town who hangs their clothes out to dry.


Back to town and up and down some side streets and
through town once again.

I walked down the road by the future home sites.
The road is still gravel but I'm sure it will eventually be paved.
All digging is done and the lots are ready now to be
bought and built on.
I bet it takes YEARS before all are sold and built on.
My guess is 5 years.


😊    🥾    🌤️

Great weather for kayaking, 
70 degrees with a nice mix of sun and clouds
so we left this morning after breakfast to do a little paddling.



 This is as far as I could go before I hit bottom.


Here we are returning after a great few hours on the water.
That's our red truck up there.


We were the only people out on the whole reservoir.
It sure was nice to be out paddling on such a beautiful day.

🚣    🚣    🚣

Didn't feel like doing much of anything when we got back home.
So just puttered about this afternoon.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you enjoyed your day.
HappyK🙂

✏️Comment Replies:  
GrannyM - Oh yes, still having my cup of ice cream most evenings. 🍨

4 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Gorgeous photos, Karen! Kayaking is a fun experience! I love the water. Thank you so much for sharing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am really impressed that you go Kayaking! Good for you!

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for answering my question.
Kayaking looks like such peaceful fun. Great pictures of the water.

Tom said...

...thanks for sharing your beautiful day!