Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2026

Day 15 Photo Challenge

July Photo-a-day Challenge with ChrissyT
Day 15
SIGNS

A few SIGNS on Ken's HO Scale model train layout





๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท    ๐Ÿ“ท

A mix of sun and clouds as I went on my morning walk today.
It was 65 degrees with a little breeze.


Stayed to the left side of the main road and walked around
both of the cemeteries and to the ball park and walked around there too.
Then back to the pond.


Continued up to the main road and walked up and down that and
and also up and down sides streets.

Saw a couple of deer go running into the corn field here.


Only the one bull out in the barnyard.


A new fire hydrant was put in at the building site for the new houses 


I didn't see Sheila but did see her car in the parking lot
so she was somewhere around town.

๐Ÿ˜Š    ๐Ÿงข    ๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ

We haven't had French toast in quite a while so
I made us some for breakfast.

Haven't done any diamond art for a while so today
I made a birthday card for someone whose birthday
is this Friday.

Did some more reading and knitting too.

Supper is cooking on the stove.
Having Mexican Beef Skillet.

That's it for today.
Hope you enjoyed your Wednesday
and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK๐Ÿ™‚
TotalDaySteps 15,203

Happiness is a butterfly, 
which when pursued, 
is always just beyond your grasp, 
but which, 
if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.

Nathaniel Hawthorne

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your pictures for today's photo-challenge.
Enjoy your Mexican Beef Skillet.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my gosh, I thought these signs were real roadside signs at first! Now I want a fudgsicle...

Tom said...

...Ken supplied you with great signs!

Michelle said...

I like Ken's signs and the photo of the corn/sun.

Granny Marigold said...

The row of orange Daylilies growing along the fence caught my eye. The seem to bloom even if no one takes care of them. I've read that some refer to them as Ditch Lilies. I think they're far too pretty for that name.

๐ŸŒบ Debby/From My Shasta Home said...

Oh, those bulls - they act like they own the place!
Enjoyed your photos.

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

I love the signs, Karen. Lovely photos with the bull and the pretty views.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I may have to try that Mexican Beef Skillet. It sounds really good! I love the signs from Ken's train layout. Glad you had another good day. See you again soon!

Visits With Mary said...

Great poem and I love the signs!! I also love trains.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Ken's signs are great! I love the sky shot, the cow and the pretty daylilies. Take care, have a great day!

Ann said...

I love Ken's signs. They have a bit of nostalgia to them.
We have an air quality warning here. Apparently we're supposed to be seeing a lot of smoke in the air today

MELODY JACOB said...

Ken’s HO scale train layout signs are so incredibly cool, the detail on those tiny displays is amazing! Your morning walk seemed peaceful, especially getting to spot those deer darting into the cornfield. French toast for breakfast is the ultimate midweek treat, it has been ages since I last made some. Hopefully, the recipient of your handmade diamond art card loves their special birthday surprise. That Mexican Beef Skillet cooking on the stove must smell incredible, it makes me want to whip up something spicy for dinner too.

Jeanette said...

I make an Italian Beef Skillet using tomato paste, diced tomatoes, heavy cream, Italian seasoning and mozzarella cheese. Very similar to that Mexican Skillet.

Bill said...

I like Ken's signs, it brought back some memories from my youth. Love creamsicles, they were my favourites. Enjoy your day!

ellen b. said...

Those are fun signs for the photo challenge. The in town photos are nice. Yikes, I'm a bit behind this week. Catching up now...