Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 20, 2024

Sunday

 Happy Sunday

Standing on my front porch this afternoon.


This is what greeted me this morning at the end of my driveway when I left to go to town for my walk.


Coming home she was still there.


She eventually found her way back home which is just behind her.
⛪️    ⛪️    ⛪️

At church this morning a few people told me how much they enjoyed the little devotional I gave on Thursday at Blankets for Babies.
Thought you might find it fun too.

I’m sure we’ve all heard 
When God closes a door he opens a window.
I thought that statement would be a good one for our time now because it seems 
the door for us bringing blankets to the hospital has closed 
but now we have a window open bringing the blankets directly to the doctors offices.

Tried to find where it said it in the Bible but discovered it doesn’t come from the Bible at all but from a movie.
Anyone know which one?
The Sound of Music where Maria says, When the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window.

I think it is still true though.  
4 years before moving here I had just found a church and started going again after many years.  
I didn’t want to move at first because I didn’t want to leave my church.
A door closing.
I told Pastor Simpson that and he said, 
If God is moving you, He will find another good church for you.
And that is exactly what happened and here I am.
A window was opened.

I thought it would be fun this month to take a few phrases that a lot of people say and maybe not realize that they come from the Bible.

A Little Bird Told Me.
We get that from Ecclesiastes 10:20

Curse not the king, no not in thy thought; and curse not the rich in thy bedchamber: for a bird of the air shall carry the voice, and that which hath wings shall tell the matter.

Laughter Is The Best Medicine
Proverbs 17:22

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

I Am Sick at Heart
Proverbs 13:12

Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh, it is a tree of life.

Saved By The Skin Of My Teeth
Job19:20

My bone cleaveth to my skin and to my flesh, and I am escaped with the skin of my teeth.

Like Mother, Like Daughter
Ezekiel 16:44
Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.

A drop in the bucket
Isaiah 40:15

Behold, the nations are as a drop of a bucket, and are counted as the small dust of the balance: behold, he taketh up the isles as a very little thing.


I'll end with this one, my favorite.
Isaiah 60;1
Rise and Shine

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.

⛪️    ⛪️    ⛪️

A Blessed Sunday to all.
HappyK🙂

5 comments:

Tom said...

...don't fence her in!

Mari said...

Such pretty color! Glad the cow made her way home!
Your devotional is very good.

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful colors. Beautiful words. Have a lovely Sunday, my friend.

Dianna said...

Karen, your devotional is such a blessing! Thank you for sharing it with us today.
Oh...and on our way to church this morning, we also saw a calf outside the fence of the field where it belonged. It was gone when we came home.

Ginny Hartzler said...

wow, these sayings are so awesome, I really enjoyed them! I even think I will save them, because I don't think I knew the ones that really come from the bible. your first photo of the beautiful orange leaves and brilliant blue sky is gorgeous! I'm going to quiz my husband, he is a bible scholar.