Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 07, 2024

Pink and White and a little project

50 degrees this morning when I started walking this morning.
Sunrise 7:20
It was of course dark at first, but then cloudy and the sun started poking out of the clouds on my way back home.


A quiet walk around town. 
Didn't see anyone.
Walked up and down all the streets in town and then around the ball park loop, and both the cemeteries.

Morning Walk Steps 14,106


☁️    🙂    ☁️    🥾

Got a crock pot of chili started this morning.

We still have deer wandering around the yard every day and taking naps along the fences I'm making.

We call this one Dolly and she likes to spend time under the bridge.


Now that is it Fall I enjoy walking around our property Happy Trails and that's what I did this morning before lunch.
 

Summer everything is so over grown and buggy.  
Fall, Winter, and Spring are great walking times in the woods.

In the afternoon I worked on a little project out front.
We had a little pond but the water was always yucky so I moved the rocks out of the way and drained the water out.
Leveled it off with dirt and rocks, put down some black gardening cloth and started  covering it with rocks.
I will look like a brook that has run dry.
I'm standing up on the driveway to take the picture.
In the background you can see some of the fence I'm making with the deadfall. 


We made taco salads for supper using the chili from the crock pot.

Pink Peep now has a new friend, White Peep. (Sally gave her to me Sat at Stitching)
They are both sitting here by the phone waiting for a call from another friend.


Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂

9 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I love the new friend for pink Peep!!
Neighbours have a dry stream bed filled with stones. It looks quite nice.

Michelle said...

Our temps turned this morning and it is so cool. I love walking at this time of year. 4 miles each morning is a great start to the day. Nice to see little peep has a friend and it is perfect chili weather.

Lowcarb team member said...

Aww pink peep and white peep are so cute together :)

All the best Jan

Connie said...

That stone bridge and a stove oven, those are amazing. Your husband is so impressive with his stone work. I know that you haven't lived there very long, but you have already turned it into a marvelous place to live or should I say a gorgeous place. I love how it all just blends in with your natural surroundings in the forest. If I were a deer I would love to be living under that bridge, it's prime real estate for such a beautiful animal.

Rose said...

Sounds like such a good day. It's nice for Pink to have a friend.

Debby said...

I’m with you on hiking in the spring, fall and winter. It’s the best time. I’ve always been a cool weather hiker. You layer up and start peeling off when the weather warms up.

susan q said...

Please have Sally give you the link to the instructions to the peep unless it's a pattern on pinterest. I would love to crochet it. Thanks in advance.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Fixing up this pond looks like a huge job, and one that would get your back hurting. Looking professionally done, though! I'm glad Pink Peep has a friend! It looks like there is fire on the mountain!

jack69 said...

Enjoyed the visit very much. Looking at the woods looks like ours. LOL But we still have millions of leaves yet to fall.
You all were blessed, we were too. I only spent months separations where most of my ship mates spent years of separation in their 20+ years. We were stationed in GITMO for about 4 years and that counted as sea duty, great family duty.
Love you lady!