Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2024

Missing Zoey

 

54 degrees this morning when I arrived in town for my walk.
It was very pleasant walking weather with a mix of sun and clouds.

Walked up the hill to the school and walked up and down the
path behind the school.
The gravel path could use a bit of weeding but it was nice walking on.



Stopped by the sheep to say hi.
They were inside and when I called they came out to see me.




Walked back down to town and over to the DG Market.
Continued back through town and up a few side streets, a lap aroumd
the ball park, and then one of the cemeteries.

While I was walking a man in a pickup truck stopped and said I know
you walk all over town and was wondering if you have seen 
a little black bull dog.
He said he had a sad little 4 year old at home who was missing her.
Told him sorry I didn't but would keep a lookout for her.
The dogs name is Zoey.
I walked behind the ball park where he couldn't drive his truck but
had no luck in finding her.
I saw Rebecca walking and she said she'd keep a lookout for her too.

Then sadly I left and went back home.

Morning Walk Steps
12,263

🌤    🌤    🌤

Went to the library this morning to meet with the stitching ladies.
Only 3 of us there again but had a good time.
I was telling them about the missing dog Zoey when Debbie said she heard
that the dog had been found and was happy at home again.🙂

Another good day for sitting on the porch.
I didn't quite finish the baby blanket this morning at the library
so knitted the last row and then finished it off.
Nice to have a project done.
I have no specific person to give it to so just put it aside for now. 

Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂

Comment Replies:
Rose - The goal is to do 100,000 total books for the year.  In years past we have done 60,000 which was our goal back then.  Last year we did over 70,000 so just raised the goal to 100,000. Me personally I'm not that concerned about the goal, but just to do as many as we can.
17,309
4,361,018  

15 comments:

Rose said...

I am with you...I think to do the best you can is good...and not worry about a goal...

I am so glad Zoey was found. I can imagine a child missing her.

Sandi said...

Glad they found Zoey!

Tom said...

...those sheep are handsome, ours look so scruffy.

Debby said...

Oh happy day! A sad little girl was reunited with her dog Zoey! And thank God, Zoey was found and safely returned.
I love sheep and goats ( well actually I love all animals and living things) They are so cute.

Mari said...

I'm glad Zoey was found and a little girl is happy!
I like that the sheep came out to say hi to you. They look like they've been shorn fairly recently.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. So glad that Zoey was found and returned home. Any resolution to the "Blankets for Babies" dilemma and not being able to give the blankets to the new mothers? Glad you are having a good weekend. See you again soon!

doodles n daydreams said...

Do you have a treat for the sheep when they come out to see you? I think it is great that they come when they are called :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Great news that they found the dog! Your first photo is gorgeous!

Granny Marigold said...

The sheep are so cute. I think it's great that they come out when you call. I don't remember you mentioning sheep before but maybe I just forgot.

Ann said...

Happy to read that Zoey was found.
Cute sheep, nice that they came out to visit.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless always.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely views and I love the cute sheep. I am so glad the dog Zoey was found and is home. Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely pictures! Always!
Titti

Bill said...

Nice looking sheep, they have their eyes locked on you. :) Glad Zoey was found, what a huge relief for the family.

ellen b. said...

Great photos from your walk. Happy to hear Zoey was found!