Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 26, 2024

A Busy Day, Pink Peep Monday

 

63 degrees this morning for walking.
Got to town at 6:20 and sunrise was 6:40.
Once the sun came over the mountain it was a sunny walk.
No breeze to speak of.


First walked up and down the main street in town and most of the side streets.
Then it was around both of the cemeteries and the ball park.
One last time up and the main road and that gave me enough steps.

Saw John and Prim walking when I first got to town
and later on saw Carmen walking.

The main road in town had a flag man and one way traffic.
The road is cut up getting work done on the water pipes.
Glad we have our own well so don't have to worry about the
water being turned off.

Also work continues putting siding on the antique shop in town.

Looks like they forgot to put their toys away last night!!


 Found a shiny new penny
Morning Walk Steps
13,211

☀️    💰    ☀️

Sheets got washed, hung out and back on the bed by early afternoon.
Did one more load of laundry too.

Put a few bags of garbage in back of the truck and took it to the dump.

After lunch I got some house cleaning done.

We ran out of ice cream and don't have anything for a snack tonight
so I baked a spice cake.
It was just from a box but I made the Cream Cheese Icing.

Finished reading The United State of Trump by Bill O'Reilly.
Good book - O'Reilly does a good job of separating 
fact from lies and fiction.
The book was written back in 2019 when Trump was president.

Even found a little time to work on my counted cross stitch.

This week Pink Peep is having a chat with umbrella girl.


Supper tonight was hot ham and cheese in burrito shells.

When I get done here Ken will be giving my hair a trim.

That's all I've got for today.
Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by.
HappyK🙂
20,583
4,579,433

19 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I am reading a biography of Trump that quotes quite a bit from Bill O'Reilly's book, so I was thinking of getting it from the library and reading it. Sounds like you had a good, productive Monday! See you again tomorrow.

Tom said...

...kids love toys, but HATE to put them away!!!

Dianna said...

I'm not sure how it was that I missed your last three posts, but I enjoyed catching up on all of them,and then reading todays as well. Your spice cake with Cream Cheese Icing sounds delicious. I'm working at going Gluten Free so I'm looking for GF dessert recipes.

Umbrella Girl is adorable. I'm guessing she's a Hummel? And she looks as if she is enjoying Pink Peep's company. :)

Rose said...

I so love the sky shot...just makes one happy to look at it.

Mari said...

I like your photos, as usual. Is that a board in the second one, to cross over a low spot?
I have enjoyed Bill O'Reilly's writings.
Pink Peep looks very happy with umbrella girl!

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful sunrise followed by a lovely day. Perfect for drying those sheets on the line. Here we had a soft rain all day. It felt chilly and I got out a warm cardigan.
I like how Umbrella girl and Pink Peep look like they are chatting.

Debby said...

Umbrella girl is charming! Reminds me of the vintage Morton salt umbrella girl.

Ginny Hartzler said...

All these toys belong to the antique shop? You must live in a awesome place, that they are not afraid of any being stolen. Around here, anything left out on the curb is fair game.

Ann said...

What odd places for all those toys to be sitting. It looks like a bunch of kids had been playing and all got called inside and left things where they were.
That looks like a Hummel that pink peep is sitting with. My daughter has a bunch of them from her grandmother's collection.

eileeninmd said...

Love your sky photo! Looks like the kiddies have a lot of toys.
Cute peep photo. Take care, have a great day!

Visits With Mary said...

We enjoyed watching Bill O'Reilly when he was on FOX news. Great walking with you today, always enjoy the pictures of your little part of the world. Hope your day is happy and blessed.

Inger said...

You live a rich and good life and describe it so well. I'm happy for you.

Anonymous said...

Yes.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Bill said...

Great sky photo. I remember picking up toys years ago. We had to make sure we put them away or they would be taken away.

Happy@Home said...

What a pretty sunset.
Pink peep and umbrella girl look very sweet together.

ellen b. said...

Love the peep with Umbrella girl! Sweet! Yum for spice cake with cream cheese frosting! Happy new day to you.

Hill Top Post said...

I love the footbridge! I just gave myself a haircut; Dan refuses to trim a hair.

Prims By The Water said...

WOW thats a lot of toys to leave out. Is that the Morton salt girl hanging out with pink peeps? Sure looks like it. Janice

Michelle said...

So many toys! I remember the days of trying to get my kids to put them away :) Love the pink peep.