Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Wednesday

 Another great morning for walking.
67 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds and a nice cool breeze in town.

Walked to the DG Market and walked up and down the road behind the store.

Some rolled bales of hay here but about half the size of Farmer Marvin's.


Continued my walk around in the industrial park.


From there I went over to the ball park and walked around it a few times.
Then back to the pond where the Jeep is parked.

No one else out walking while I was out.

I saw Ruth Ann over at the post office and asked her about the 
missions trip I saw meeting up yesterday at the church.
It was not a missions trip after all but a youth Bible conference 
being held in Wisconsin.

Morning Walk Steps
13,108


🌤    🌤

Did another load of laundry and it was dried before lunch time.

Baked another batch of Chocolate Chippers for the kids
for Bible Time next.
That makes 18 dozen so far, so just have another 2 dozen to bake.

Also made Sweet and Sour Cucumber Salad.

What a mess I had made in the kitchen so had to get that cleaned up.

After lunch it clouded up and was very breezy but nice with the
wind blowing through the house.

I had made a mistake on my cross stitch yesterday and spent
some time fixing that
and finished reading my current book.

That's it for today.
Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Ginny - The Chicken al a King recipe is HERE.

Kim - The house from yesterday was sold before we moved here to a man who doesn't live in the area.  He was going to fix it up but never did. He has a couple of other houses around in other towns that he never did anything with either.  The town has taken him to court several times, but nothing ever seems to come of it.
It is now too far gone to even fix up.  It's been open to animals and who knows what the inside is like.  It is a shame because I am told it was a beautiful home at one time.  

Yes, we think our weather is delightful too.  It doesn't usually get very hot.  I guess living in the woods among the trees helps and we always seem to have a nice breeze.  We don't have AC and so far have never needed it. 
18,185
3,152,464 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...we are enjoying similar scenes here, plenty of round hay bale and giant yucca flowers. I hope that the heat wave has eased for you.

Debby said...

Those chocolate chippers sound absolutely irresistible! I'd love to be one of the lucky ones to enjoy such a delicious treat!

Rose said...

I just looked up the cucumber salad...Grammy used to make something similar. And I think it so refreshing in summer.

Granny Marigold said...

Another lovely day for walking.
That's a lot of cookies to make. I can imagine how the kids enjoy them.

Dianna said...

That's such a shame about the man who buys houses but doesn't take care of them.

I know the children will enjoy your labor of love with those cookies. You are a blessing.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is so sad when people let nice homes go into disrepair. That is so great that you don't need air conditioning where you live. We sure need it here and will need it even more in St. George. Glad you had a nice Wednesday. See you again soon!

Mari said...

Those hay bales are what most of ours around here look like.
So sad that man just let the house go. And so crazy for him too, it's like throwing money away!
Your weather sounds wonderful!

Cloudia said...

It's really inspiring how you fill your day with wonderful activities! Very edifying I'm glad I happened by Aloha from Honolulu

Ginny Hartzler said...

Those plants look a bit like yucca. Thank you so much for your recipe! I have just printed it. Since I already have all the ingredients, I will be making it this week!! I can't wait!

ellen b. said...

On our drive to Spokane and back on Tuesday we saw so many fields with hay rolled and in rectangles, too. I wonder if there is a name for the rectangles? :) Sounds like a fun day in the kitchen!

Ann said...

I always enjoy seeing the pictures from your walks. Your town looks so nice and peaceful.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes from your walk. The cooler mornings are perfect for walking.
MY hubby has been asking about choc chip cookies. Take care. have a great day!

Bill said...

I wonder why that person buys houses and lets them sit. If he'd fix them up, he could make some money either selling or reting them. People are strange. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds a lovely day for walking.

All the best Jan