Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, June 09, 2024

Sunday

 Happy Sunday



 A hymn by Fanny J. Crosby that we sang in church this morning.

๐ŸŽถ My Savior First Of All ๐ŸŽถ

1. When my lifework is ended and I cross the swelling tide,
When the bright and glorious morning I shall see;
I shall know my Redeemer when I reach the other side,
And His smile will be the first to welcome me. 

Chorus:
I shall know Him, (I shall know Him,) I shall know Him,
And redeemed by His side I shall stand;
I shall know Him, (I shall know Him,) I shall know Him
By the print of the nails in His hand.

2. Oh, the soul thrilling rapture when I view His blessed face,
And the luster of His kindly beaming eye;
How my full heart will praise Him for the mercy, love and grace
That prepared for me a mansion in the sky. 

3. Oh, the dear ones in glory, how they beckon me to come,
And our parting at the river I recall;
To the sweet vales of Eden they will sing my welcome home,
But I long to meet my Savior first of all. 

4. Thro' the gates to the city in a robe of spotless white,
He will lead me where no tears will ever fall;
In the glad song of ages I shall mingle with delight,
But I long to meet my Savior first of all. 

๐Ÿ“– John 19:37 ๐Ÿ“–
And again another scripture saith, 
They shall look on him whom they pierced.

A Blessed Sunday to all.
happyone๐Ÿ™‚

Comment Replies:
Rose - Yes, that is my shadow in the first picture yesterday.
17,590
2,843,936

12 comments:

Tom said...

...what a beautiful start to the dat.

Bill said...

A glorious beginning of a new day.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Sunday, Karen! Take care, have a great week!

Mari said...

Beautiful skies and hymn.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you, Happyone.

God bless.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Phil knows this hymn very well. Your sky photos are beautiful!

Ann said...

Oh I love that beautiful blue sky

ellen b. said...

Fanny Crosby is such a great hymn writer! I enjoy so many of her hymns. Happy Sunday to you.

Rose said...

That is a great start to a Sunday....or I guess it is possible that is a sunset, also.

Kerri Farley said...

A Beautiful hymn!! And lovely pics to go with!

Visits With Mary said...

Beautiful hymn♥

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely skies.
I hope you had a blessed Sunday.

All the best Jan