Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 31, 2024

A Bit Chilly

 Thanks for all the birthday wishes.🙂🎈


A little chilly overnight and only 39 degrees when I started walking
in town at 6:15.
Even had a light frost in the shady areas.


It was nice and sunny though with no wind and it warmed up
to 46 by the time I was finished walking.

Headed on over to the library first thing to drop off a DVD.
Then it was my usual walk around town, the cemeteries and the ball park.

No one else out walking, at least not when I was out.

The two geese that have been hanging around the pond now have a family.
Took a bunch of pictures and this is the best of them though
still not such a great picture.
I counted 6 babies.


The house across the street from the pond that has been 
for sale for quite a while now has a sign that reads sale pending.


Morning Walk Steps
12,093

☀️    ☀️

A bit rushed when I got home because we had to leave right away
for another work day at church doing Fingerprints.
My friend Bettye needed a ride so we stopped to pick her up too.

A very good turn out of workers again today and we got a great number
of Romans books put together, stapled, cut and boxed up.
11,200

A little time for knitting this afternoon
and since it is Friday 
homemade pizza day.
Life is Good
Happy Friday and thanks so much for stopping by.
happyone🙂
18,293
2,677.793

17 comments:

Dianna said...

I hope your birthday was great.

Glad that the house that is for sale now has a sale pending on it.

Our temperature this morning was also 39. But it turned out to be a beautiful day.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sandi said...

You guys did 11,000 books? Wow! How many volunteers does that take?

Tom said...

...at higher elevations here, there was a frost warning. We were cooler today and I thought that it felt good.

Susan said...

Your walks are so nice, and how I wished in the country instead of the city. But I am blessed to have all that I need and more. My family is all close and we get to be a big part of our grands life. Have a nice weekend!

Mari said...

That was a cool morning if there was frost.
That's a pretty little stream.
Good for you all for doing that many books.

Rose said...

And I thought we were cool yesterday starting out at 55°...but that is good walking weather. Sounds like you had fulfilling day...a lot of books got done, and pizza at the end of the day. That all sounds good.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your photos are beautiful, and a couple look so timeless.

Debby said...

Happy belated birthday. 🎂
Wow 39 degrees? It will be exciting to see who moves into the home. Seems your little town is growing.

Granny Marigold said...

Frost at the end of May sounds unusual for your area but maybe this year is strange. All over.
Your church workday was extremely productive. Good for you.

Ann said...

We've dipped down to the low 40's the past couple mornings.
Glad to see that house sold. I hate to see houses sit empty.

Barwitzki said...

Even if I come late, my good wishes for your 73rd birthday come from my heart.
And it's quite right if the mirror didn't exist... we wouldn't believe it... our age - now :-)))
Happy greetings to you from Viola.
Happy work and wonderful walks... I love my walks...

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful scenes and photos.
The mornings have been cold here too.
Take care, have a happy weekend.

Kerri Farley said...

It was chilly here yesterday too! Happy Belated Birthday!

ellen b. said...

We've been having some chilly mornings this past week. That's a good workday for sure with so many books assembled! Happy Saturday to you.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Karen! Your photos are amazing, as always, and your weather is something to wish for :)

I think I would buy that house :) Texas is getting on my nerves lately :)

Katerinas Blog said...

Happy month and happy birthday!!
It is perfect to walk in the morning.
I did it a few periods in my life and they were the happiest!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs.

All the best Jan