Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 19, 2024

Walking from home

 



I left the house at 6:30 this morning but not in the Jeep.
Since it is light enough now when I leave I decided to walk to town for a change.
It was 52 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise 6:32



Took this picture at the top of my driveway just as I was leaving.
I'm facing West! and saw this beautiful sky.


This day I didn't see any deer at all on my way to town.

It is a little over 2 miles to town.
A nice start walking down the hill and quite a trek up on the way home.
Is a lot steeper then it looks.


A little stream runs along the road and nice to hear it babbling as I walk along.


Walked up and down the main road in town and up past our old house in town.
Then headed on back home.
Walked just about 2 miles in town.

Didn't see anyone else out walking but didn't think I would.
Not there that long with just 2 miles to walk in town.

Walked down the main road to my turn off toward home.



Almost home here, just up and around the bend.


Oh yeah, on my way home I did run into that annoying Ki,
the little dog who runs after me barking like an idiot.
I like dogs but not this one!!!
I take my walking stick with me and leave it by the guard rail on the
way to town and then pick it up again on the way back.

Except for Ki it was a very nice walk along the country roads.
Morning Walk Steps
12,872

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿ˜€   ๐Ÿ•

Baked the second batch of chocolate chip cookies and will bring them
to Sunday School this week for the kids to enjoy.
I can hear them now saying,
Oh good Ms Karen baked us cookies. ๐Ÿ™‚

Made some weave-it squares this afternoon after
finishing up the housework for this week.

I like Friday's!
Pizza day.

That's all for today.
Happy Friday and thanks for visiting.
happyone❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - Not sure exactly but my guess is that 20 - 30 baby blankets are given out each month.  Every baby born in the local hospital gets one.

Rose and GrannyM -  What you saw on the table yesterday isn't the blankets but the material used to make the blankets.

Barb - Nice to meet you.๐Ÿ™‚ The next Elizabeth Berg I read will be Open House.  Have a couple of other books to read first.
18,548
1,880,766

14 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

Beautiful scenery on your walk. Chocolate chip cookies sound yummy too. Hope you have a great weekend. Janice

Debby said...

Gorgeous area.

Tom said...

...you sure have a gorgeous route for your walk!

ellen b. said...

Happy Friday to you. Those are some nice views you get walking from your home to town. Sorry about that little yappy dog. Smart to take the walking stick. Enjoy that pizza and maybe a bowl of ice cream later!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Now I want pizza! The sky is gorgeous. So what's the story on the dog? Who owns it, isn't there a leash law there, what is the breed and do you think it could bite you? Why don't you bring it a few treats next time, maybe you could make friends with it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful views in your photographs, that pink sky is lovely.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

You live in such a beautiful place! That was a gorgeous sunrise.
I would not be a fan of that dog either.

Rose said...

You sure have a pretty walk when you leave from home...some wonderful views here.

Even if that wasn't blankets, that is nice to have all that to work with.

Sandi said...

This made me feel sorry for Ki. ๐Ÿ™...๐Ÿ˜„

Granny Marigold said...

An irritating dog that runs after you barking can be such a real pest. Good thing you bring your walking stick. I enjoyed "walking" with you on your way this morning.

Ann said...

Such a pretty sunrise. That's a nice way to start the day. Too bad that uphill walk wasn't at the beginning instead of when you're heading home.
That dog does sound like a pest.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful sunrise to start a beautiful walk!

The Furry Gnome said...

Enjoyed seeing those roads you walk or drive. Gives me a sense of what it's like where you live.

Prims By The Water said...

Just beautiful surroundings or your walks. Our road along the river is just to busy to walk. I have never seen one person walking it in the 20 plus years I have been here. Janice