Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Finished the book

 A walk this morning under cloudy skies,
but it was a warm 54 degrees and no wind.
To town and walking at 6:25.
Sunrise 6:46

Walked all around town up and down all the side streets.
Then around both cemeteries.

David brought his Jeep to town to the garage to have some work done.
He dropped off the Jeep and then came looking for me.
Found me and we walked around the ball park together a couple of times
and then back to the Jeep.
I drove him back home.

A few people out walking this morning.
Sheila
Joy
John and Prim

I never did stop to take any pictures.
That's what happens if you go walking with someone.🙂
It was nice walking with David a little but still prefer it on my own.

Morning Walk Steps
12,982

☁️    🚶‍♀️    😀

After getting the routine chores down I finished reading
Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen.
I really liked this magical fantasy book and look forward to seeing
tomorrow what the others in my book club thought of it.
I'm pretty sure that all of them liked it.


A couple of quotes I liked from the book.

"By trying to make you happy, 
I prevented you from knowing how to figure it out on your own.  
By trying to give you happiness, I lost my own."

"When you're happy for yourself, it fills you.
When you're happy for someone else, it pours over."

I wasn't going to knit another baby blanket yet but ended up
starting this one because I wanted to see what kind of pattern
the yarn made and also to see how I liked knitting with a bulky yarn.
I really do like working with the bulky yarn and like the pattern.


Walked around out front a bit checking things out.
All the wind we've had, left LOTS of deadfall for me to pick up
and to add to my fences.

Took in the two winter flags I had outside, 
one was torn up and had to be thrown away
and put out my two spring/summer ones.

That's going to be it for today.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone❤️

Comment Replies:
Viola - If you click on the link under the header that says, WALKING FAQ, that should answer any walking questions. 
18142
1,710,814 

17 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, my...I so love the the yarn/baby blanket. I would take one like that any day of the week. I really wish I had learned to crochet when young...it would be so easy to have a project to work on and take with you if you have to do something where you wait.

Tom said...

...David was fortunate to have a ride home!

Dianna said...

Your book sounds interesting. And I really like the color wave of the new baby blanket.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a beautiful pattern with this yarn! SO, did the pattern just come about as you knit, or did you have to make it?? If you made it that way, it must be pretty complicated.

Mari said...

That sounds like a good book!
I really like that new blanket. That's a really nice pattern.

Lowcarb team member said...

That sounds a good book, glad you enjoyed it.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

That yarn is really pretty! What brand/ colorway is it? That books sounds good. Our book club hasn't met all winter. One of our founding members passed away very suddenly right before Thanksgiving and we just didn't have the heart to meet without her. Hoping to meet in May. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm still pondering those two quotes on happiness. Lots to think about there. I should look for that book.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is going to be a beautiful blanket. So glad you liked the book. It sounds like a good one. I love the quotes. Enjoy your book club discussion. See you again soon!

Barwitzki said...

The pattern is really nice and I like the color gradient of the yarn... I hope you enjoy knitting.
When it comes to your book quotes, the quote that comes to mind is: "Giving is better than receiving" - whoever is in a position to give is always on the advantage side - right?
Happy day to you.

Ann said...

Love the quotes from the book. The colors in that baby blanket are great.

eileeninmd said...

It is nice you and David enjoyed your morning walk together.
The blanket looks pretty, I like the pattern.
Take care, have a great day!

Chris said...

I struggle with fantasy books but I like those quotes, so I might try that book.

Anonymous said...

I love Sarah's books! I think I have read all of them. Try Elizabeth Berg.

ellen b. said...

I like that new yarn pattern for the blanket. Nice to be able to give David a lift home. :)

Jennifer said...

Changed out my flags yesterday as well. Hope you have a nice Thursday!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I loved that book too. The author lives in Asheville and I was hoping to meet her at a bookstore but didn't get the chance. She's a lovely young lady! Enjoy your day!