Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 06, 2024

Daffodils

Drove to town as usual and was out walking at 6:30.
It was another warm morning at 49 degrees.
No wind at all and cloudy.
A bit of fog around at first and it felt like rain.
No rain until I finished my walk and got in the Jeep to come home.
Supposed to rain all day but just a light shower in the morning.
Sunrise 6:41 
Morning Walk Steps
13,182



Walked around both of the cemeteries and the ball park.
Today I again stopped at the library to drop off a book and a DVD.
Then continued walking up and down the streets all over town.

Look what I came across.
Some daffodils that popped up and will soon be blooming.


Roger was out walking his dog Prim.
Nice to see him again after such a long time.
We stopped and had a chat.

Guess it's fishing season again because there were a few men around
the pond fishing.

Saw a few other people around town.
Lena, arriving at the church in town.
Tonya, our mail carrier arriving at the post office.
She is such a happy person and is always smiling.

Nice to see a bit of activity around town this morning.
As always it's great to start the day walking and seeing the start of a new day.

☁️

The book I started reading yesterday seemed very familiar and realized
I had already read it so returned it this morning.
Ken had a book and a DVD on hold and we went to the library
to pick them up just before lunch when the library opened.
While there I picked out a couple more books too.
I've got 2 others on hold.

I tried a new recipe.
One of those pies you make with Bisquick.
It was a lemon one but it was more like a custard and though
it was alright, we didn't really like it so decided not to make it again.

We were both really in the mood for pizza so instead of waiting
for Friday we're making it for supper today.

As usual this afternoon I spent some time reading and knitting.

That's all I've got for today.
Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone❤️

Comment Replies:
Ivy - I'll post a picture of the green blanket with the pattern on my other blog once I finish knitting it.

17079
1079002

15 comments:

Debi said...

Sounds like a busy and productive day for you. I planted some green pepper and marigold seeds, made some homemade baked beans and a breakfast casserole. and I was tired after that so I'm catching up on blogs while sitting in my chair by the fire!

Tom said...

...daffs are up, but I don't see flower buds yet. We are having an early spring which may not be the best thing.

Mari said...

Looks like another pretty, misty morning.
I made something for supper yesterday that sounded so good, and then it was like your Bisquick recipe - ok but nothing I'd make again. Disappointing!

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see the daffodils popping up, it will not be too long before they bloom.

All the best Jan

Debby said...

It’s funny how all winter you’re out and about, walking a million miles and you see no one. Then Spring and they all start returning - one by one. It’s like a spring reunion!

Dianna said...


We had a fair amount of rain here today...off and on all day. I don't know how I managed to do it, but I missed stopping by yesterday. Karen, that green baby blanket is absolutely beautiful! I love that shade of green, but the pattern is so pretty!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lovely misty photos! The fog here was so bad up on the mountain that we had to turn around and cancel my doctor appointment.

Granny Marigold said...

We were in the mood for pizza too. Our home made ones were better than the last take-out one was. A lot cheaper too.

Ann said...

It rained off and on all day yesterday and I think it's supposed to again today. Daffodils would be a welcome sign. I'm very ready for spring.

eileeninmd said...

Love the photos! We had a little bit of rain late in the day.
It is still cloudy! Some of our daffodils are blooming. Pizza sounds yummy!
Take care, enjoy your day!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like things are coming alive around your town. What fun to see those daffodils popping up! I need to buy a bunch for inside.

The Furry Gnome said...

Those Daffodils are further along then ours. Always enjoy your pictures around town.

Ivy Green said...

Thank you for the pattern! Look forward to that. Good luck finishing your blanket. Lucky baby, perfect color for March!

Happy@Home said...

Always nice to see the daffodils. I have four in bloom and several others will be popping out any day. Exciting.
Sounds like another nice day in your town and at your house.

Prims By The Water said...

Still waiting for some sign of dafs here. Janice