Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Audio Books

 All the snow was gone this morning when I walked.
It was 38 degrees, windy and I got to town at 6:38.
The sun rose at 7:19


Started my walk going up and down some of the side streets in town.
Then around the ball park loop a couple of times.
Next made my way over to the cemetery up the hill and walked
that loop a few times.

Down the hill and passing the pond there were a couple of
geese walking down the hill from the pond.


Walked through town again.
I already walked 13,801 steps so didn't bother going around the other cemetery.

A little sunshine, some clouds and a pretty blue sky.


The Floor Store truck was in front of the new house early this morning.
Workers were inside installing the flooring.
They are cutting it pretty close with the people moving in on Friday.

☀️  ☁️

A bit more housework got done and then I was off to the library again.
Ken wanted to stay home so I went alone.
Returned a DVD and picked up 3 more that Ken had on hold.
I went to the library mainly to give Connie the 2 blue Scrubby Dish Cloths
that I knitted for her.
While there I picked out an audio book to give another try.
I don't have much luck with audio books.
I either stop what I'm doing to listen to the book or I don't pay
enough attention to the book when I'm doing something and have
to keep listening to it over again.

Got a little more knitting done on the green baby blanket.
I really like the pattern and how it is turning out.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone❤️

Begin Today
Author Unknown

So brief a time we have to stay
Along this dear, familiar way;
It seems to me we should be kind
To those whose lives touch yours and mine.

The hands that serve us every day,
Should we not help them while we may?
They are so kind that none can guess,
How soon they'll cease our lives to bless.

The hearts that love us, who may know,
How soon the long, long, way must go.
Then might we not their faults forgive
And make them happy while they live?

So many faults in life there are,
We need not go to seek them far;
But time is short and you and I
Might let the little faults go by
And seek for what is true and fine
In those whose lives touch yours and mine;
This seems to be the better way.

Then why not, friend, begin today.
19977
1,321,488

12 comments:

Tom said...

...so much about life is all about timing.

Dianna said...

Karen, that poem is absolutely beautiful... and it goes right along with my one word for this year...kind. Thank you, friend. xx

Mari said...

It looks like a beautiful day there! We had snow flurries again today.
I'm anxious to see your green baby blanket.
That poem is so, so good!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I listen to audiobooks, but lately I have been listening to more podcasts. That is a beautiful blue sky you have today. Our skies are blue here too! I love that poem at the end of this post. Have a good day. See you tomorrow.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lovely poem! The sky is so pretty, and the sunrise photo looks like a fire! I think I get much too distracted to use audio books! I can only do one thing at a time.

Granny Marigold said...

I have tried audio books and I can't listen and do something else at the same time. It doesn't work for me either.
What true and helpful words in that little poem.

eileeninmd said...

Love the pretty sky photos.
The poem is great!
I like reading more than the audio books.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Ann said...

It looks like it was a beautiful day there. I think I would have the same problem with audio books which is why I've never tried them.
Love that poem.

Jeanette said...

I can't do audio books. I get distracted too easily and if I have to just sit there I may as well just read a book! They are great for long trips though!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

To save time I listen to an audio book at the same time I am reading another one. I love the story of Romeo and Juliet going round the world in 80 days.

God bless.

Mary said...

That poem is beautiful!!! Can you give the author's name? I'd love to read more

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs.
I have not tried audio books although quite a few of my friends do like them.

All the best Jan