Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Thunder

Woke up to a thunder storm so didn't walk right away.
It seemed to have stopped by 7:00 so went to town then.
It had stopped raining too but the sky didn't look too good.
It was very warm at 55 degrees.
Sunrise 6:51


Here I am in the mirror in rain slicker and rain pants.


 Only walked for about 1/2 hour when the sky lit up with lighting and I heard thunder again so decided to get back to the Jeep and home.

On the way home it started raining pretty hard and later
in the morning it got very windy.

Had to get most of my steps for the day inside.

    ⚡️  ⛈️

It's been raining all day and I've had quite a lazy day.
Started a another jigsaw puzzle.
This one is called Moving Day.
Knitted and read for most of the day.
Temperature falling during the day.

Hamburgers and sweet potato French fries for supper.

Not going to church this Wednesday.
Just don't like driving in the rain and the dark.
When those headlights come at me the glare makes it hard to see.
Especially with those LED white lights.

After supper the rain stopped and the wind dried things up
so I decided to go to church after all.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Wednesday
happyone❤️

A young man strolling along a beach at dawn 
stopped to watch an older man pick up starfish and toss them back into the sea.
The older man said he was rescuing the starfish 
before the hot summer sun could bake them.
Sarcastically, the young man said,
There must be hundreds of starfish here.
How can you make any difference?
The old gentleman looked at the starfish in his hand
 before throwing it into the waves.
It makes a big difference to this one he replied.
14212
953580

15 comments:

Tom said...

...a cold front is coming through, we are staying put tonight. Take and stay well.

Dianna said...

We've had thunderstorms from around 2 this morning off and on all day. That wind is something else.

I really like the story at the end. So precious.

Mari said...

That's a great photo of the stormy sky!
We had thunderstorms last night and then snow today.
I like the story!

Sandi said...

Beautiful starfish story! 🥲

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this little story! Enlarged the pic of you to get a better look, but no luck. I can't drive at night either!

Granny Marigold said...

Rained all day here too and with a blustery wind. Didn't even get to walk.
I baked bread and buns and having the oven on made the kitchen nice and cozy.

Hill Top Post said...

Strong winds roared through here at 2:00 a.m. we are hoping for rain tomorrow. I have never liked driving at night.

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

What a sweet story.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen!I really like that story at the end. It's one of the stories that really helped me to decide to become a teacher years ago. :-)
I don't like to drive on dark rainy nights either, but I am glad that the rain cleared up so you could go to church.
I hope you have a nice Thursday! See you then!

Ann said...

We had the same kind of weather here yesterday. It woke me up at 2am with the thunder and lightning. It rained really hard too. This morning it's snowing but by tomorrow the temperature is supposed to be back up to the 50s.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We had the same weather here, the thunder, rain and very windy.
Our power went out for a bit last night.
I like the starfish story.
I do not like driving at night, especially when it is raining.
Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Yes, every single good deed makes a difference.

God bless.

ellen b. said...

Those skies do look threatening. Love the photo of you in the mirror! Happy Leap day to you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow! That does look a very stormy sky.

All the best Jan

Prims By The Water said...

Although not a fan of thunderstorms, your storm pic was a lovely one. Janice