Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 26, 2024

Walking outside again

Drove to town this morning and walked around town. 🙂
I got there at 6:30.
It was a cloudy morning but very warm at 51 degrees!!! 
Calm at first but the wind picked up during my walk.
Sunrise was at 7:30

First walked over to the library and put a couple of DVD's down the drop.


Some places I couldn't walk yet but found enough places that were good.

The ball park loop was just too messy for walking.


As was the lower cemetery.
My feet would have gotten soaked.


The road to the cemetery on the hill was clear as well as around all it.


Walking over to the barn to see the bulls was good if I walked in
the middle on the gravel.


It's been a while since I've seen the bulls so had to stop by
and say hi to them and take a few pictures.


Didn't see anyone else out walking yet but did see 
Bill and Greg (town Workers) getting some of the storm drains clear of ice.

Had to cut my walk a little short because had to get home so we could
leave for church, so my walk steps were 10,855.

☁️    🥾    😃

Work on Fingerprints at church was from 9:00 to 12:00.
Not such a great turn out for these two days but still we got
just about 5,000 Romans books put together, stapled, cut, and boxed and ready to go.
Ken and I worked on the cutter this time and Ken stapled a little too.

We packed a lunch and on the way home parked by the lake
and ate our lunch.

Took the latest puzzle apart and put it away for another time.
Will be starting another one but haven't picked it out yet.

Sure looking forward to supper tonight.
Friday - so it's pizza night.
Ken is making it right now.

Hope you made your Friday a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Comment Replies:
Debby -  Yes, we can hear the waterfall from our bedroom.  It is pretty close to the house.  I opened the window and took the picture.

Ginny  - The waterfall usually has some water flowing down it.  The more it rains of course the more water falls down it.  Sometimes it is just a trickle and in summer sometimes it dries up altogether. Ken made the waterfall as he has all the rock walls around our property with rocks from our property.  We will never run out of rocks!!!

16319
407296

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the lane down to the barn.

Ginny Hartzler said...

That is very cool, that he made your very own waterfall! Good thing there was that strip of gravel for walking! Otherwise it would have been a mess. Pizza for us too!

Debby said...

That is so neat that you have a waterfall that is powered by rain and melting snow. We have a waterfall on a steep hill that my dad built but it uses a pump.

Nice peaceful feature to have in the yard and especially nice when you can hear it from your bedroom.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I didn't get to read and comment on your blog yesterday, but I read that post today and watched the video of your waterfall. I really love it. The sound is so comforting! Glad that you could walk in town today. Looks like you still have quite a bit of snow. I hope you have a good weekend! See you again tomorrow.

Mari said...

So nice to see you walking outside again. I bet the bulls were happy to see you visiting.
Do you need a lot of equipment for your fingerprints ministry? Seems like it would take a lot to be printing and assembling these books. I would love to see pictures of how you do it sometime, if they let you do that!

Pom Pom said...

How nice to walk outside again, but it still looks swampy. It's the same here. Yummy! Pizza!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You had a fair share of snow this year. Even the cows think so.

God bless always.

Ann said...

What a great feeling to be able to get out and walk again. Your step count is still a good number even if it is lower than normal.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is nice to be outside walking again. Hubby and I took a walk to our lake yesterday, it was 66°. A lovely day.
The photos of the cows are my favorite, so cute. Take care, have a happy weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Not sure if my last comment went through, sometimes I get error messages.
It is nice to be able to outdoors again, our weather is warmer and the snow and ice has melted. Love the cattle, they are so cute. Have a great weekend.

ellen b. said...

Glad you found some good lanes to walk on. Those bulls looked happy to see you. Our ladies Bible Study starting in February is on the book of Romans. Have a wonderful Saturday.

Visits With Mary said...

Mr D and I like to take a lunch down to Sylvan Beach, it's nice to watch the ships go by and the boaters coming and going. Our weather has been gray and rainy for the past several days, that's what it does in the winter. I like cold days with sunshine!

Michelle said...

I have also been able to get back outside a bit and I love it. Nothing like fresh air!

Jeanette said...

I'm glad there were enough clear roads for you to walk outside again!

Granny Marigold said...

Nice that you could walk outside again although there seems to be quite a bit of snow and ice around. Here rain has washed most of the snow away and we had a lovely walk. The temperature was 7C ( about 44F) and at the time we walked the rain was still light. Now it's much heavier.
I missed yesterday's post too so I went back and listened to the lovely sound of your waterfall.

Happy@Home said...

Your snow really has melted a lot since my last visit. I'm sure you were thrilled to be outside walking once again. The bulls look happy to see you :).

Prims By The Water said...

Walking in our yard is like walking in mush right now. The temps have never stayed cold too much and with all of the rain...well comes the Winter mud. UGH Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the way the bulls look at you when you take their photograph.

All the best Jan