Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Past my knees

 I guess no one will be surprised when I say another day for
getting my steps mostly inside again.
7 degrees this morning, snow, and wind.

Outside the back door.


Opened the door and took this picture.


No knitting group at the library again - library closed because of the snow.
Besides no way could I get down the driveway.

After lunch when there were just a few flurries fluttering around
we went outside to try and clear the driveway.
Ken on the tractor and I shoveled where the tractor can't get to.
It was 10 degrees and windy but I stayed warm shoveling.

Top of the driveway


Looking down the driveway


Ken went back inside and I tried to walk around in the snow.
Pretty hard going walking in snow past my knees,
but it was fun.  

Ken took this picture of me from inside the house.


Seemed like a good day for some nice hot soup so for supper I made
Looking forward to eating that in a little while.

FiestaWare photo of the day.
6" dessert bowl
These are the only two colors I have.  


Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone
19842
343798

17 comments:

Debby said...

That's a lot of snow. When we've gone up to the mountain, the snow is that deep. You're right - it is fun when you're dressed for it.

Tom said...

...wow you sure got snow, we have enough to plow and shovel, but nothing like what you have!

Linda said...

B-r-r! That’s more snow than we got.

Mari said...

We are supposed to warm up next week - hope you do too! It's so much snow.
I've never seen dessert plates like that. I like them!

Lowcarb team member said...

Great photographs and definitely a good day for a delicious bowl of soup :)

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Yikes, I can't even see where the driveway is. The bowls would be great for spaghetti or soup, depending on how large they are.

Happy@Home said...

Oh my gosh, that is a LOT of snow!!! I hope it doesn't get higher than your knees.

Dianna said...

Carroll measured here today in a spot where the wind doesn't hit and he said it measured 14 inches. Two different neighbors went through and scraped our road so that it wasn't as dangerous...and then about an hour later the state road crew came through too.

Your dessert bowls are pretty. I especially like the blue one.

doodles n daydreams said...

Wow! That's a lot of snow. It is hot and muggy at our place just now. The middle of summer. Diana

KEV. Robertson. said...

Wow! ...That is a lot of snow there Karen. I'm not sure if I could cope..it was hot here today at 100 deg F...cooler now at 8:30pm. Regards. KEV.

Debbie said...

Well, at least you're enjoying it :) The soup sounds yummy and perfect for a snowy day. We are warming up to the 40's today and it will feel like spring has sprung! Happy Sunday!

Ann said...

That is a lot of snow. We got quite a bit yesterday but I don't think it's anywhere near that deep out there.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow. We had about 5 inches and are blessed with a good neighbor who plowed our driveway. The soup sounds yummy. Happy Sunday, have a great day and week ahead.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow! Our temps have warmed up and our snow is starting to melt. I hope that happens where you are too! See you again soon!

Jeanette said...

That's a good workout!

Granny Marigold said...

That's a LOT of snow!! Good thing Ken has the tractor to do the main clearing
( and you to finish the rest).

ellen b. said...

Love that photo Ken got of you in the snow! That's a lot for sure. I can understand why things shut down in town. Good thing you have that tractor!