Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, January 18, 2024

2 more Fiesta dishes

 What can I say about my town walk except that it is still not happening.
Sunrise is now at 7:34

Gathered all of my baby blanket supplies together and left for church
at 9:00 for a baby blanket work morning.
You can see the blanket I made for January 
Just 7 of us there but always enjoy being part of this women's group.

Didn't do any work this afternoon.
Read
Puzzled
Knitted

Didn't even have to make supper.
While I was gone this morning Ken made us a big pot of 
bean vegetable soup.
No recipe, Ken makes it up as he goes.
I just have to put some refrigerator rolls in the oven.

These pieces of Fiesta are called
Utility or Celery Trays
Only have a yellow and green one.


That's all folks.
Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone

Comment Replies:
Debby -  Comport dish is just an all purpose serving dish.  The small one as the name suggests is great for a candy dish.

16089
307709

14 comments:

Tom said...

...the green is my favorite!

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your January blanket, I used your link to see it, thank you.

Your soup sounds very tasty.
Here in the UK our temperatures are quite cold -4C at the moment where I live so warming soups are so welcome.

All the best Jan

Debby said...

I love to just create a new dish with whatever I have on hand. Most of the time it’s good but there’s been a few mishaps!
The company that created the Fiesta Ware thought of everything even down to entertaining allowing each piece to match. I like that.
This morning I enjoyed my Ladies Bible study at the other church. Such nice ladies with some deep study and awesome prayer time. Too bad I have to drive 16 miles one way to fellowship with Godly women when my church is 5 minutes away! Oh well, God provides.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Ken's bean soup sounds good. When I came home, Charly was making dinner - sausage and vegetables much like you made earlier this week and said it was your favorite dish! I hope you can walk outside again soon. It is in the 40 today and a lot of our snow is melting or turning to slush. Still plenty in the mountains. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

A lot of my soups or chilis have no recipe just thrown together with what we have on hand. I like those utility dishes. I've just opened a new puzzle. Have a nice evening.

Mari said...

I do a lot of soups like that too. I actually just put one together to bring to work with me tomorrow.
No snow for most of the day today - but 4 inches predicted overnight!
Those trays are a nice size.

Dianna said...

I love the celery dishes! I've always been a fan of blue, but the more of the yellow pieces that you have shared, the more I am leaning towards it.

Your baby blanket is really pretty.

Granny Marigold said...

Like Ken I don't use a recipe for soup. I just vary the ingredients according to what I have available. The celery dishes are unusual but pretty. Like the comport ones were.
I doubt we'll be walking tomorrow morning because the forecast is for freezing rain and the snowy paths haven't been cleared either.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Again, a Fiesta Ware that I have never seen or heard of! Well, you sure are getting a long rest from your walks!

Ann said...

That snow you were getting is starting here this morning.
I like those trays. I thought butter dish at first.

eileeninmd said...

The soup sounds good, perfect for a cold winter day.
The dishes are pretty, I like both colors.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Spoon rests for two spoons at a time.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

Vegetable bean soup sounds really good right now! Hope the streets and sidewalks clear up so you can walk outside soon!

Aritha V. said...

Soup is sooo good on a winter day