Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Puzzle

 

At town and walking at 6:40.
Sunrise 7:29
The temperature was 29 degrees with little wind and after sunrise sunny.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park as well
as all around town.
Went down the main road toward home for a ways and
then back to the Jeep and home again.

No one else out today.

The geese were back at the town pond.
Haven't seen them there for ages.


At the first new house the driveway has been framed out for either
concrete or macadam.  
Going to be a wide one.
The second house now has the roof done with shingles.

Morning Walk Steps 13,3332

🎅🏻    🎄    🤶🏻

We don't buy a lot of gifts anymore but we did get a gift for
David and Liz and I wrapped their gifts today.

Been wanting to start another puzzle for some days now and today
finally got around to starting one.
We've done this one before and I remember it being a challenge.


Supper tonight is Chicken Burritos.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳


Comment Replies:
Dianna and Ann - Yes, I knitted the Christmas stockings.

16 comments:

Happy@Home said...

What pretty snowy pictures. I'll bet that made for an invigorating walk.
The puzzle does look challenging.
Cute little ornament in your last photo.

Tom said...

...my Sweetie does the shopping and I do the wrapping. That puzzle is too puzzling for me. Take care and stay warm and well.

Bill said...

The puzzle will look pretty when you're done. It looks challenging.

Debby said...

I have a few gifts to wrap - or bag. The photos are so pretty. Fun to see the progress of a new home being built.

Mari said...

The pond looks so pretty in the sunrise!
The puzzle looks perfect for the season.

Sandi said...

The puzzle is beautiful!

Granny Marigold said...

That puzzle does look challenging. Hopefully it's one where the pieces fit firmly and leave no doubt whether they fit or not.
The pond looks cold but no ice yet.

The Happy Whisk said...

Puzzles are fun. I used to enjoy doing them on my tablet. Haven't tried yet withthe new tablet.

ellen b. said...

Great photo of the geese on the pond. Lots of white in that puzzle which will make it tougher. We started a new puzzle yesterday that we need a magnifying glass to see some of the details! OYE! Glad you could walk around town today!

Dianna said...

The puzzle looks like it will be a fun challenge. Having done it before, maybe that will help it to go quicker this time. :) Someone at our house is getting some puzzles for Christmas and I am looking forward to spending the evenings (and days) working on them. :) Love your Christmas decor picture today. And thank you for answering my question about the stockings. They are adorable.

Ann said...

Your town looks pretty in snow. I like the picture on that puzzle.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sunrise and images and I like the puzzle scene!
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Faith said...

Love your sunrise pic over the pond. You get out early to walk!! I wait until after breakfast and coffee :)

Barwitzki said...

It's nice that you saw the ducks on your morning walk.
I hope you have fun with your puzzle.
I also had chicken for dinner - chicken breast with fresh tomatoes baked in the pan, with homemade bread.
Happy greetings to you from Viola

Lowcarb team member said...

I like your photographs, although it does look chilly.
Enjoy doing the puzzle.

All the best Jan

jack69 said...

Loved the Geese on the pond shot. Still too cold for me. LOL