Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 16, 2023

Farm Loop

 28 degrees this morning and clear when I got to town and started walking at 6:40.
The sun rose at 7:31 and once it came over the mountain it was sunny.

I walked through town, passed up the DG Market and kept walking
till I came to the left turn to take me around the the farm loop.

A pink sky this morning which turned everything to a beautiful pink glow.


It didn't last long though and by the time I got to the top of the hill
and started down the other side the color was gone.


Remember this leaning silo?


It finally toppled over.


Didn't see anyone around the loop and for 2 1/2 miles didn't even see
a car and I could walk down the middle of the road.

When I got to the school I walked along the path to the playground
and stopped to have a ride on the swing.


The three sheep at the school were laying down in the hay by the door
and when they saw me they got up


and came over to see me.
The third one wasn't that interested.


From the school I walked down the hill and made my way over to the Jeep.

Nice walking the farm loop for a change.
It was Saturday so didn't have to worry about walking in the road
(no sidewalks)
with the school buses and people bringing kids to school.

Morning Walk Steps 13,807

πŸŽ…πŸ»    πŸŽ„    πŸŽ…πŸ»

Went to the library to meet up with the stitching group.
4 of us there this morning.
I knitted another mini pray square.

Mikie made us all an infinity scarf, (we each got to pick out a color)
Jalene gave us a little note book
and Sally made some ornaments.
She made a few different ones and we each picked out one.
I chose the cardinal.


They were all surprises and I feel bad because I didn't have anything for them.

We're having roasted Italian sausage and vegetables again for supper.
Just change the vegetable and it's like a different meal.
Today I cut up carrots, potatoes, red bell peppers, and a zucchini.
It's in the oven right now.

Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳


11 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the pink glow!

Granny Marigold said...

OH, the silo finally fell over!!
The pink morning sky is beautiful but short-lived. It's lovely to see it and I know I'll miss it when the sunrises earlier ( but that's months from now).

Mari said...

You had a nice walk today. The pink sky is so pretty! Sad that the silo toppled but it was inevitable I guess.
Those sheep are so cute!
Nice little gifts from your stitching group.
We had the sausage and veggies this week too!

Prims By The Water said...

In our neck of the woods a pink and or red sky in morning sailors take warning. Yours was beautiful though. Cute Santa runner too. Janice

Ann Thompson said...

The farm loop looks like a pleasant walk. Sweet gifts. Love the colors on the scarf.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the first scene, the sky is lovely. The sheep are so cute.
Your gifts are nice, I like the colors of the scarf.
Take care, have a great day and happy new week!

Bill said...

The sheep coming out to greet you, what a great photo.

ellen b. said...

I wonder if the silo fell on it's own or if someone decided to knock it down. I like how the sheep came out to greet you. Have a wonderful Sunday. We have our children's play at church today.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful sky picture. That was nice of your group to bring gifts.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

The weather is certainly getting cold there

Lowcarb team member said...

Isn't that sky lovely.
Nice to see the sheep.

All the best Jan