Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 15, 2023

Another work day

In town and walking at 6:30 and the sun rose an hour later at 7:30.
25 degrees, calm and clear and then sunny.


 Pretty quiet in town.
Didn't see any people and it seemed like less cars too.

Walked up and down the main street and side streets.
Then around the ball park and both cemeteries.

People have been stopping at the cemetery and leaving
Christmas decorations on the graves.


On the way to town a few deer were standing 
at the side of the road by the corn field.
They just stood and watched me drive by and didn't run in the road.

Morning Walk Steps 12,614

πŸŽ…πŸ»    πŸŽ„    🀢🏻

Back to church again this morning for some more Fingerprint work.
It was just in the morning from 9:00 - 12:30.
A good amount of people showed up but I didn't take count.
During the two days we got
7,847 Romans books (Spanish) put together, stapled, cut and boxed up.
Total for the year so far is 68,602.
We are having one more work session in two weeks which will last 3 days.

Just hanging about the house this afternoon.
Did some reading and I have one more knitting project to finish for a gift
so worked on that for a while too.

This months baby blanket it just about done.
Just 4 more rows to sew.
It's a Christmas one of red, green, and white.

Looking forward to Friday night pizza!!
The last few days my ice cream snack flavor has been
chocolate chip mint.

Happy Friday and thanks so much for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳


Comment Replies:
Ellen - No don't wear gloves, can't work in them.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure have busy days! ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Bill said...

I like your snowman banner

Michelle said...

I still remained inspired by your morning walk and your step count is awesome. That is my goal each morning.

Dianna said...

Yummy pizza....we had some leftover vegetable soup. I'm so glad you had a good turnout of people today to work. Many hands make for light work.

Mari said...

The daylight hours are short right now. Soon we get more light though!
We had Friday night pizza too. :)

Debby said...

I still have pizza - despite my tummy issues. It doesn't bother me.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow you have been busy with those little books. Good for you! I like the little snowman flag. No pizza for us this Friday, but that's because we got a deli take-n-bake pizza a couple of days ago. Have a great Saturday. See you again then!

Lisa said...

We havn’t been walking lately. We both have jobs now that wear us out by the end of the day. I plan to start back because I sure felt a lot better when I did.

We had pizza last night.
Lisa

Granny Marigold said...

I'm surprised that people came for another work day. Everyone seems to be so busy now until Christmas.
I like your snowman flag ❤

Ann said...

That's a lot of books that you've all put together. Quite an impressive number.
I always liked mint chocolate chip ice cream.

a heartful child said...

You have reminded me that I normally put a Christmas planting on my mother and father's grave. I will have to do that this week.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Deer are being taught how to cross the roads over here.

God bless.

Inger said...

It's inspiring to read about your day. At my age, 83, a bit of inspiration is always welcome, sometimes needed.

ellen b. said...

That's great that the books are in Spanish, too. Happy weekend to you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
You do keep busy. I like your snowman flag!
Have a happy weekend.

Connie said...

I am always impressed with your walking routine and how lovely it must be to be out watching the glorious sun rise over a silent world. When I take time to just be still and gaze out on God's creations all around me, I'm in awe and then when I think about all the trillions of things we don't see that His wondrous hands have created (all to work in harmony) Things only seen through microscopes or deep in the depth of the oceans or universe . . . well His majesty is beyond my little mind. What an awesome God we serve.
Wishing you a wonderful and blessed life.
Merry Christmas!
Connie :)

The Happy Whisk said...

Yes, the bittersweetness of the holidays.
Remembering those now past and also enjoying
those who remain. I also love a good bittersweet
Christmas song. The kind that makes me happy and sad,
all wrapped into one. LOVE those kinds of songs!